New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Hi Everyone,

We just bought a house (Bingalow type 45 square meter) and lot (83 square meter) in Cavite area, the house has water and electricity already but the problem is that the house is very old and we're planning to have it demolish and start from scratch and maximize as much as posible the entire lot area, our plan is to built 3 floor house,2 bathrooms on 1st and 2nd floor, 1 bedroom on 1st floor and 3 bedrooms in 2nd floor and terrace on the entire 3rd floor with fence and roof, now base on my 1 week of duling duling research, i was able to come up with these material and figures.

Hollow Blocks - 5000pcs - 6" thick - 12/pcs = P60,000
    Cement - 800 Bags - 220/pcs = P184,000
    Gravel - 4 dumptruck - P1,000/per dump truck = P4,000
    Iron rebars - P300,000
    Manpower - 5 x 500 per day x 90 days = P225,000
    Floor Tiles,, bathroom tiles, Doors, Stairs, lightings, Electrical Wirings, Water Pipings, Windows, Paints, Grills, Screen, Roof sheets, Faucet, Sink, Toilet Bowl and Etc. = P400,000

Total: P1,173,000

I don't want to go directly to a construction firm, because they might charge me more and use less quality materials, thats why i need your guys opinion if i miss something on the list or if the figure is not accurate, so we can adjust our budget.

We are on a tight budget, thats why we need your expertise about this stuff...any inputs will be greatly appreciated..

TIA

2. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    i times 2 mo yun budget para sigurado, and also prepare for 180 days too

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    No mention of wood.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by pop3corn View Post
    i times 2 mo yun budget para sigurado, and also prepare for 180 days too
    Agree with this, pero pwede mo namang dagdagan yung manpower para mabalanse yung working days na target mo.
    Lalo ngayon simula na tag-ulan, mas mahihirapan kayo nyan pag inabutan kayo ng kasagsagan ng ulan.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    * pop3corn ; * Noel - Times 2? meaning i need to double the numbers of material? isn't that too much for a 80 square meter house?

*ghosthunter - yeah i forgot to include the woods..

6. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Be sure to get the necessary permits from the barangay and city.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    chb construction in the country is costly in terms of labor and strength/durability per square foot. the concrete hollow blocks are weak, break easy and hardly standard in size. you might consider reinforced poured in place foundation and steel load bearing components from H beam columns, I beam framing and galvanized floor ribspans covered in tiles. the walls may be made of cement board (hardiflex) with styrofoam heat and sound insulation. include the piping for plumbing, electrical, communication, vacuum cleaning, brown water, black water, security camera pipings before pouring the floor slab and covering the walls. have the pipes installed even if you don't have the budget for communication, security, and vacuum cleaning system. the land are is not that big, so, place the septic tank in the front (parking), the rain water harvesting cistern, municipal water tanks below grade ( we know we have water supply problems-and it's going to get worse), the tanks for black water, gray water, fresh water made of plastic housed in concrete subterranean concrete box for easy maintenance and access. plan for the upgrades ahead of time, the ones that will be covered in concrete and ones that require earth moving. good luck on the construction
    Last edited by jick.cejoco; May 5th, 2012 at 09:06 AM.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by earthlyken View Post
    * pop3corn ; * Noel - Times 2? meaning i need to double the numbers of material? isn't that too much for a 80 square meter..
    Not this time bro, pag tantya mo na kakapusin ka na sa materials ay saka ka estimate uli.

Pero yung bugdet mo na 1M+ kulang talaga yan sa 3storey house hanggang sa finishing, tiyak sa initial estimate mo may kukulangin at kukulangin na materyales.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by earthlyken View Post
    Hi Everyone,

Hollow Blocks - 5000pcs - 6" thick - 12/pcs = P60,000

Floor Tiles,, bathroom tiles, Doors, Stairs, lightings, Electrical Wirings, Water Pipings, Windows, Paints, Grills, Screen, Roof sheets, Faucet, Sink, Toilet Bowl and Etc. = P400,000

TIA
    About 6" HB, pwede mong gawing 4" sa 2nd at 3rd floor, para makatipid ka sa cost at sa simento, mabawasan din load mo sa gawing taas.
    (mahal yata yung simento sa area mo, dito sa Pangasinan 195 lang.)

Yung budget mo na 400k sa auxilliary, aminado kulang yan.

Then, on the process mararamdaman mo na yung mga kulang.

Plus, meron pang inflation rate na tinatawag.

Good luck at success bro...

10. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    *jick.cajeco - that was too much information for me sir but thank you..i'll make sure they know dat.

* noel - thanks for the additional info sir, appreciate it a lot..i think we would use linilium muna sa flooring ng mga floors for d meantime hangang maka ipon ulit..m main concern lang talaga is to have d house built muna using quality materials..ung finishing medyo mga 50 to 60% muna..as much as possile ayoko umutang sa bank or pagibig..kasi baka mahirapan ako sa bayarin..

Pero aside from the auxilliary po, ok napo yung mga iba? Or depende padin po? Kasi sabi ng friend ko yung 83 aquare meter lot ay baka mga 70 to 75 square meter lang magagamit ko..kasi panget at hinde raw pwede yung sagaran..

TIA.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Need your inputs on the things needed to build a house.