New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Time's running out... I need ideas for my master's degree thesis (MSIT). Anything IT related...

Thanks a lot

2. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    "Information Technology By Way of Public Forums Over the Net - Its Impact on the Filipino People"

tapos i develop mo na lang. gawin mong isa sa mga samples itong tsikot.com. hehehe...

3. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    What's MSIT and how is it different from MSCS?

Maybe you can look into the outsourcing trends and whether the Philippines is ready for primetime.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by the_wildthing View Post
    What's MSIT and how is it different from MSCS?

MSIT is broader, actually covers CS, so a CS-topic will actually do as an MSIT thesis...

5. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    If I may ask, what school do you go to? Some schools prefer more technical projects while others prefer theoretical dissertations.

Assuming it is a technical-oriented program, your approach will basically depend on your skill set. Given the timeframe for a masteral thesis, it wouldn't be prudent (assuming you will be doing a programming project) to try to learn a new platform or even a new programming language. Also, try to develop for a subject matter with which you are already familiar.

That said, you may want to develop a project that has commercial potential, although you will need to consider copyright ownership once you submit it to your school since some schools claim ownership on submitted material.

Offhand, there are a lot of interesting (technical) topics that you can consider - automating medical transcription (current general VR algorithms do not achieve the required accuracy level); mobile search that returns the parsed text or graphics and not just the URL since mobile search implies information on demand requirements; GPS functionality/precision on mobile phones using enhanced triangulation; and achieving consistent QoS for public hotspot-based VoIP.

I suppose an MSIT thesis may or may not involve programming depending on the specific field of specialization. (Correct me if I am wrong.) If that is the case, you can focus on the research and algorithm-development phases of the topics I have mentioned.

For more theoretical/applied subject matters, you may consider the so-called "degradation" of the English language because of texting although those old enough will simply compare it to telex while linguists will categorize the trend as simply the dynamic evolution of the language itself. Other topics would be the mobile phone as the new status symbol for the masses; the availability of affordable IM/email and its impact on long-distance relationships or family communications and mobile handsets as a replacement for the PC.

There should be a lot more. I can try to think of other subject matters that may be closer to your skill set if you can describe your technical background and proficiency level.

Hope the above helps. And good luck.

Need ideas for master's thesis!