The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Alright. Thanks for the input!

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Also there is the Air B&B option which has a its own niche.

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Im in the almost same scenario as TS.

Considered condo but the cost of parking turned me off. Almost 900k and the idea of giving up a car for a condo unit is not acceptable to me as i have weekend activities.

I just bought a townhouse north of qc as it's near the major arteries so commuting during coding days won't be a hassle. Figured that new lrt in commonwealth will increase the values of homes nearby.

Renting is not an option to me since down the line, i want to have something that i can say that i own.
    Plus, property price is not really going down.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    If you can spring a bit more go for a townhouse. At least you will own the land your property is on. Buildings including condos depreciate as they get older. But land will almost always appreciate in value.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Wh1stl3r View Post
    If you can spring a bit more go for a townhouse. At least you will own the land your property is on. Buildings including condos depreciate as they get older. But land will almost always appreciate in value.
    The cost of a townhouse in the location that I want is 4x that of a condo. So my income needs to quadruple to afford it.

Oh, pwede rin palang longer loan term. But having 20% DP for a townhouse still takes quite a lot of money.

Quote Originally Posted by chronicle View Post
    Im in the almost same scenario as TS.

Considered condo but the cost of parking turned me off. Almost 900k and the idea of giving up a car for a condo unit is not acceptable to me as i have weekend activities.

I just bought a townhouse north of qc as it's near the major arteries so commuting during coding days won't be a hassle. Figured that new lrt in commonwealth will increase the values of homes nearby.

Renting is not an option to me since down the line, i want to have something that i can say that i own.
    Plus, property price is not really going down.
    You can sell the parking slot as well anyway. It appreciates even quicker than the condo units themselves.

My girlfriend lives in Fairview and just driving to and from northern MM gets to my nerves all the time. There's an unquantifiable convenience of being in the heart of the metro, at most an hour away from all points of interest even during rush hour.

Sent from my SM-N9208 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by jut703; June 24th, 2017 at 10:51 AM.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    The cost of a townhouse in the location that I want is 4x that of a condo. So my income needs to quadruple to afford it.

You can sell the parking slot as well anyway. It appreciates even quicker than the condo units themselves.

My girlfriend lives in Fairview and just driving to and from northern MM gets to my nerves all the time. There's an unquantifiable convenience of being in the heart of the metro, at most an hour away from all points of interest even during rush hour.

i wouldn't sell the parking lot, if i can hold on to it.
    it's even easier to rent out than the condo unit! and because there is usually a shortage, one might dictate the rental price a bit, depending on location and demand.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Research mo din isa pa factor where to live......... BAHAAAAAAAA

Meron mga naondoy at nahabagat.....so talo ka na diyan

Ang nakakaloka yung mga nahabagat pero hindi na-ondoy....... Yan ang delikading-ding....

Pero these super typhoons nangyari hindi pa naisabatas yung ban plastic bags supermarket

So the difference nung mga basura before sa ngayon syempre iba din.

Look for population density ng certain area and cut ng mga lupa. The less people the better. Stay away sa tabi-tabi condo.....

8. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post

Oh, pwede rin palang longer loan term. But having 20% DP for a townhouse still takes quite a lot of money.

I do agree that living in the center of the metro is more convenient, doing it for 3 years now. But as the saying goes, sanayan lang yan. Hehe.

--------------------
    There's so many variables that TS alone can answer. There's no wrong or right answer and my only suggestion is to take your time and think twice before signing any docs.
    Searching for the perfect location/house wont come unless you have infinite money, its about ticking majority of your checklist that matters.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by chronicle View Post
    I do agree that living in the center of the metro is more convenient, doing it for 3 years now. But as the saying goes, sanayan lang yan. Hehe.

--------------------
    There's so many variables that TS alone can answer. There's no wrong or right answer and my only suggestion is to take your time and think twice before signing any docs.
    Searching for the perfect location/house wont come unless you have infinite money, its about ticking majority of your checklist that matters.
    second-guessing the future also helps.
    some folks simply have this... knack... for guessing right.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    The man who moves a mountain begins by carrying away small.

you are your own expert. i know you already have a plan. just execute it. believe. persevere. expert advice just hinders your progress.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast