New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2013
    I'm getting married later this year and i've been looking for a new place for a while now. Considerations are: I work in pasay, wife to be works in bgc so preference is mandaluyong/taguig area. Roxas blvd area looks good too. Makati/bgc is too expensive considering we need parking for 1 vehicle. Preselling is not really an option since we need a place to stay by year end. I ran the numbers and renting is better financially. More flexibility pa since liquid and hindi nakatali pera for the next 5-10 years..the savings i could invest elsewhere. So what would you guys suggest? Is home ownership all it's cracked up to be? Or should i just rent?

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    If you can find a reasonably priced property in your preferred location, then get it. Otherwise, save up and buy later.

In my case, I bought a year after getting married.

The good thing about getting a property today is the interest rate is lower compared 10 years ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by n_spinner06 View Post
    I'm getting married later this year and i've been looking for a new place for a while now. Considerations are: I work in pasay, wife to be works in bgc so preference is mandaluyong/taguig area. Roxas blvd area looks good too. Makati/bgc is too expensive considering we need parking for 1 vehicle. Preselling is not really an option since we need a place to stay by year end. I ran the numbers and renting is better financially. More flexibility pa since liquid and hindi nakatali pera for the next 5-10 years..the savings i could invest elsewhere. So what would you guys suggest? Is home ownership all it's cracked up to be? Or should i just rent?

Well for me renting is always like throwing money, I rather buy a property I can call it mine and in time property value will appreciate. The advantage lang ng rental is flexibility ng location which u can move anytime.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Just getting married, so I assume your below your 30s? Are you looking to stay with your jobs till retirement? Or if yes, will you not be relocated? These are the factors we had to consider when we were at your stage. Thus, our best option back then was to rent until we decided to buy only when we were happy and stable enough to stay on with our job locations.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by erdiedizon View Post
    Well for me renting is always like throwing money, I rather buy a property I can call it mine and in time property value will appreciate. The advantage lang ng rental is flexibility ng location which u can move anytime.

For me di naman tapon ng pera per se kasi you received a service naman in return. Parang nanood ka lang ng sine. You paid for something pero hindi siya tangible na maiuuwi mo. Although yung nagging thought lang na better to purchase. Ang risk is im not sure how much condo units appreciate/depreciate over time. Sa computations ko i assumed zero value at 50 years(worst case i could think of)...so in renting i will be ahead financially even considering an annual increase in rent.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    wala pa kids?

Madami condo ngayon sa may pioneer.. always better to invest rather than rent.. example 15T monthly rental, di mo mapapansin naka 3, 5, 10 years ka na.. after that.. wala na yung binayad mo.. yes nakatira ka nga.. pero yung pera pwede mo na pang monthly sa isang condo..

7. Join Date
    Jul 2015
    stay with the in-laws, they will understand or rent a small place first, when youre more financially secure, get your own place...not to be pessimistic but, raming couples nowadays dont last the 3 years...lalo na after the 1st child, remember the family code, conjugal property, etc...another thing to consider is tax...the bigger and more expensive the house, the more taxes you pay...renting solves that issue..

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tsikot Forums mobile app

8. Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by _Qwerty_ View Post
    wala pa kids?

Madami condo ngayon sa may pioneer.. always better to invest rather than rent.. example 15T monthly rental, di mo mapapansin naka 3, 5, 10 years ka na.. after that.. wala na yung binayad mo.. yes nakatira ka nga.. pero yung pera pwede mo na pang monthly sa isang condo..
    Thanks for the input. No kids yet but we just graduated from our twenties and intend to start a family in a year or two.😊 That said should i settle with a 1 bedroom unit first or go with a future proof 2 bedroom unit? This really isnt an issue with renting kasi pwede lumipat sa masmalaking unit once the need arises.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Thanks for the input. No kids yet but we just graduated from our twenties and intend to start a family in a year or two.😊 That said should i settle with a 1 bedroom unit first or go with a future proof 2 bedroom unit? This really isnt an issue with renting kasi pwede lumipat sa masmalaking unit once the need arises.

Bro- I'd say (contrary to what I did in the past),- you stay liquid for a while,- so that you have options, whether you plan to stay here or move out...

_/_/_/
    "The measure of a man is what he does with power" LJIOHF!

32.9K _/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/

10. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Get 2 bedrooms.. Get one in pre-selling (3 years to move in).. then rent for 3 years...

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast