New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    what could happen to you that can make you believe in God again?!

ano kaya ang pwedeng mangyari na kung mangyari sayo...mapapapaniwala ka na may DIYOS nga!?!?

sa mga believers..isipin niyo..non believers kayo....
    Last edited by GlennSter; July 10th, 2003 at 11:03 PM.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    a near-death experience, without a doubt, would be an experience that would be as effective as any in jump-starting Faith.

death makes one feel vincible and finite no matter his or her status in life. when this impotence is realized, we will naturally desire to be with the infinite without questioning whether that which is thought to be infinite is truly infinite.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    agree ako kay mbt, near death experience. if you have seen the move "alive" (ethan hawke), me kasama silang agnostic, and when the agnostic felt that his life was in danger, he made the sign of the Cross and prayed Holy Mary with the others. siguro true it whether agnostic or atheist.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    anything miraculous. Aside from seeing 'the light' in OBEs or the aforementioned NDEs.

Sabi dati magkakaroon ng physical sign to prove that god exists (FATIMA), which can be photographed but not touched. Hasnt happened yet. Or maybe judgment day isnt here yet.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    read the bible

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    medyo OT ... naniniwala ba kayo dun sa dancing sun and Judel(sp?) talking about the faith of mankind ?

Do you think this is a good sign you should believe in God?

I believe in God, but with regards to aparitions asking people to repent is kind of questionable. How do you know God is truly the one sending this messages ? Satan has the power to do the same. I mean, even Jesus, God's right hand, doesn't know when the end of the world is, what more Mary who is a mere mortal. Believe it or not, God is not the only one capable of doing miracles, stick to the Bible. It will tell you all you need to know.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by Eduardo
    medyo OT ... naniniwala ba kayo dun sa dancing sun and Judel(sp?) talking about the faith of mankind ?

Do you think this is a good sign you should believe in God?

I believe in God, but with regards to aparitions asking people to repent is kind of questionable. How do you know God is truly the one sending this messages ? Satan has the power to do the same. I mean, even Jesus, God's right hand, doesn't know when the end of the world is, what more Mary who is a mere mortal. Believe it or not, God is not the only one capable of doing miracles, stick to the Bible. It will tell you all you need to know.
    I agree with "with regards to aparitions asking people to repent is kind of questionable" but isnt the BIBLE written by the same kind of people who are asking us to repent? With the Catholic Church's scandals going on, what makes you think that the people who wrote the BIBLE did not commit the same action (molesting) and only tried to cover it up by writing the BIBLE?

How would you believe the Roman Catholics if they, themselves have been breaking the Second Commandment?

just a thought

okay, I'm off to lunch...

8. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Ako naman naniniwala akong may Diyos since maliit pa ako. Kaya lang hindi ko siya kilalang lubusan... In short wala pang ika nga ay "personal na relationship" kay Lord.

I was sick then when I got converted. It was a miracle healing actually. And then my conversion followed. I was a Catholic since birth.

I still believe God perform miracles.

These are true:
    Noong papasok ako 3rd year college sa Taft, nakita ko na in a dream kung saan boarding house ako magrerent. And exactly nakita ko rin na doon sa sulok ng kanto may Church and may makikilala akong mga Christian doon. And then I see myself sitting in that bed on that same room in my dreams.

There are quite a number of times that I would know na may makakausap akong tao sa bus as I go to school and I would even dream kung saan silang parte ng bus nakaupo.

These kinds of stuff....and there are a number of times that I know God is speaking to me on some matters and most of the time these things happened.

I even dream of going abroad a couple of times and nagkatotoo lahat iyon. I even dream kung anong hotel ang i-stay-an ko.

Marami pa akong experience na ganito na I think too many kung ilist ko d2. In short, personally I believe God speaks to each and every one of us in one way or another.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Karding,

I agree with you. But the Bible is, as they say, 'the Words of God'. Following what is written in it wont make you a sinner. Do not judge the people who wrote the Bible, they just documented the events. If there was something questionable written in the Bible, I think someone would have noticed it by now. Everyone is a sinner including those who spread 'the Words of God'. Yes, it is unorthodox to think that people listen to preachers who are sinners.

How would you believe the Roman Catholics if they, themselves have been breaking the Second Commandment?

First of all, people shouldn't put their faith on priests and other so-called preachers. They are just there to guide people. The real deal is in the Bible. To me, you do not need to go to church or confess to a priest if you read and understand the Bible, all you need to know is in that book. The Filipino culture has changed the way people look at religion ie. kasalanan ang hindi magsimba, blah blah blah.. to name a few. So therefore, before believing these Catholics, try to understand if what they say is true. If not, don't believe them. Always remember, the primary weapon of priest, preachers and the devil is deceit. If you are weak-minded, sorry ka lang.

Ed

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    If there was something questionable written in the Bible, I think someone would have noticed it by now.

This what Catholics were lead to believe all these years. Catholics are too blinded of FAITH to admit that there could be wrong worshiping images, statues, and the cross.

First of all, people shouldn't put their faith on priests and other so-called preachers. They are just there to guide people. The real deal is in the Bible. To me, you do not need to go to church or confess to a priest if you read and understand the Bible, all you need to know is in that book.

exactly my point Ed.

Following what is written in it wont make you a sinner. Do not judge the people who wrote the Bible, they just documented the events.

Ed, I wasn't trying to judge them at all. I was just thinking some other possibilities. Afterall, you said it yourself "people shouldn't put their faith on priests and other so-called preachers", right?

I do agree that the Bible is "the Words of God," but what I was asking...why do Roman Catholics (incl. myself) worship statues, images, the cross, etc.? Don't you think they/I do contradict themselves/ourselves?

kuroy, ang tawag yata doon sa experiences mo eh deja vu. Na experience ko din yan, many times. Deja Vu is closely related to our dreams. Our dreams may forecast events in the future or as per some Roman Catholic interprets it "Deja Vu could even be memories from a past life"

I do practice 9 out of the 10 commandments. The only one I'm unclear of is the Second Commandment.
    Last edited by Karding; July 11th, 2003 at 04:49 AM.

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
NAPAISIP NANAMAN AKO.question for non-believers.