New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    On my old 79 galant sigma, flat tire along Katipunan.

On my old 91 corolla, naputulan ng timing belt along Quezon Avenue

2. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Lahat ng tirik ko dun sa 1980 Galant Sigma. Pero pinaka-memorable yung time na nag-seize yung alternator bearing. Mga 8:30pm, along Buendia. Buti na lang may Petron, tapat ng Pacific Star. Requested a friend to call a tow-truck para lang mahatak pauwi sa bahay.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    twice...

a busted alternator on my then VW Beetle, and a snapped clutch cable on my then Lancer Box Type.

both happened on EDSA. the VW in front of Crame, and the Lancer on the Guadalupe Bridge.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    few times na

Toyota Sienna - nagloose thread ang oil filter. Lucky I saw the oil warning light. Popped the hood and saw a trail of oil. The shop that changed my oil that morning, paid for everything inc the tow. No engine damage.

Nissan Cefiro - Engine died and wont restart sa C5. Turned out the cam position sensor (I think) malfunctioned. Same car also overheated in Calamba.

Toyota Corolla - weak battery. Stalled sa Shaw. Asked my wife, then girlfriend to start the car while I push. Thought I was going to die from pushing but car wont move. Turns out she set the hand brake.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    oo naman. most of them happened when i was driving our old 1980 galant sigma. the more memorable ones were during the time i ran out of fuel along the edsa southbound lane near the buendia corner during after office traffic. i had to push the car to the roadside by my lonesome. i never thought i could do it but i guess my adrenalin glands kicked in and began producing fuel for my embarassing push. it turns out the fuel gauge was already busted and nobody informed me of its broken status (i was based in mindanao back then). the second memorable breakdown was a flat tire along quezon blvd, in the late 90's, right in front of the lung center at 2am. i had to nervously change the tires in a jiffy because it was a known prowling area of bakal boys. and if they're in the area, gaymen are definitely not far behind :hysterical:
    Last edited by baludoy; January 14th, 2008 at 10:51 AM.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    yup!civic sir ang oto koh.. last year nov 2007.. sa kennon road 2:00am ng madaling araw tumirit.. defective fuel pump.. nakakainis lang grabi kc sa abala..

7. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    egd16 nakakatakot dun ah tsk tsk tsk

8. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    yup..nung galing ako ng caloocan then pauwi na ko manda., muntik na ko tumirik sa flyover quezon ave. along edsa...thank god nakababa pa ko ng flyover para makatigil sa seaoil gasoline station....overheat na pla ko ksi nasira motor ng radiator fan ko...di ko ksi napansin sa temp. gauge na mataas na pla....huhuhu

9. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Tirik sa EDSA Guadalupe (near the Belo billboard) on a rush hour, at rainy day pa. :D Faulty ignition

10. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    yup, dala ko that time corola big body, normal speed takbo ko then bigla bumagal ang takbo ng sasakyan.kahit isagad ko ang apak sa pedal ayaw.nong tinignan ko ang instrument panel overheat na pala.dina pala umaandar ang makina.buti napaandar kopa at naitabi kopa sa sidewalk he he

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Nakaranas na ba kayo ng nasiraan o tumirik sa daan?