New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    lots of times.
    twice it happened while the engine is running.
    the first time, wala akong backup key... panic mode.... ginawa ko inapakan ko na lang yung muffler para walang makalabas na exhaust hanggang namatay ang engine.
    second time, nag auto lock yung oto. buti na lang may dala akong spare key.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    It happened to me recently lang. Pagbaba ko ng auto akala ko nasa bulsa ko na ung key, naiwan ko pala sa upuan. Inaayos ko ung mga gamit ko sa trunk ng biglang nag auto lock ung security system ko. (Auto lock after 30 seconds) Maganda naman ung ganito kc kahit makalimutan mo i-lock, magkukusa siya after. No choice ako kundi gumapang sa loob ng trunk at doon dumaan. Worse is, tanghaling tapat kaya pawis na pawis ako pagkatapos.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    Yup... It happened but this was many, many years ago. Once, the car auto locked in Tagaytay with the key inside and engine running. Our family driver had to drive the spare key up to us. In another case, i locked the key inside the car and it was blocking the entrance/exit of the service center. We put the car on a jack and had to roll it off. That's why now i always keep a lightweight spare key in my wallet and i always lock the car using the key (not hitting the door locks on the way out).
    :
    Bro,- that is what I do all the time (spare key in my wallet or in my pocket & lock the door/s using the key) in our ride without remote central lock/alarm.... Sharing of best practices ha?...

Delikado talagang magbukas ng trunk after mai-lock ang mga pinto...

Year ago, naiwanan ko ang susi sa loob ng sasakyan... Mabuti na lang,- maluwag na ang roller ng isang bintana ... Medyo naibaba ko siya from the outside...

20.1K:sumo:

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post

Bro,- that is what I do all the time (spare key in my wallet or in my pocket & lock the door/s using the key) in our ride without remote central lock/alarm.... Sharing of best practices ha?...

Delikado talagang magbukas ng trunk after mai-lock ang mga pinto...

Year ago, naiwanan ko ang susi sa loob ng sasakyan... Mabuti na lang,- maluwag na ang roller ng isang bintana ... Medyo naibaba ko siya from the outside...

Malas lang if you also left your wallet inside the car. Nightmare yan if you lock the key and you're out-of-town. Si Clavel ata, naganun last week sa Tagaytay diba?

Yung Vanette, mabilis sirain yung lock clip ng bintana. Design defect din yun actually.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Twice na.

Happened to me on my old civic when the alarm remote was busted, naiwan ko sa susian yung key kasi nagmamadali dahil late na sa work, so I just locked the car using the power lock. Buti I always have my spare key sa wallet.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Malas lang if you also left your wallet inside the car. Nightmare yan if you lock the key and you're out-of-town. Si Clavel ata, naganun last week sa Tagaytay diba?

Yung Vanette, mabilis sirain yung lock clip ng bintana. Design defect din yun actually.
    Yes bro.,- malas ni bro.CLAVEL,- HR Manager pa niya nga yata ang nakaiwan sa loob ng trunk...

You know the Vanette all to well bro,- yes, one of my lock clips is broken for 7 years already. Naka-nylon tie siya ngayon.... ... Iyong central lock niya sa loob, para sa passenger door, sliding door, and rear door lang... Tapos ang kanyang driver's (side) door, hindi mo maila-lock and then close the door,- maa-unlock kasi,- kaya puwersado kang susi ang gamiting pang lock ng driver's (side) door... Ayos.

Iyong naiwanan kong susi sa loob ng sasakyan, sa luma naming Isuzu ride years ago....

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Same with vine, driver had to drive spare key to me, twice na nangyari and both times engine were left running...

That was back in early college pa...where wala pa mga integrated alarm sa key, so aftermarket alarms naka install and auto lock pag Sara ng pinto...

Both times I started the engine then went down and look at the engine bay...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk 2

8. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Happened to me years ago...dumating ako from a long travel to work due to traffic at nagmamadaling lumabas ng auto dahil ihing-ihi nako...habang umiihi, parang binuhusan ng malamig na tubig kasi naalala ko yung ususi...pagbalik ko, yun na nga nakalock at umaandar pa engine, aircon and radio with my bag with important stuff inside!...buti nalang i placed a spare key sa ilalim ng auto...meron kasing area dun na may steel sheet na may tatlong 10mm screws...dun nakatago yung spare key with matching paligo ng silicone para makapit at hindi kalawangin...hassle lang kasi nakabarong tapos higa sa ilalim ng auto...opened the car in 15 minutes with onting elbow grease...

9. Join Date
    Jul 2007

Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    Same with vine, driver had to drive spare key to me, twice na nangyari and both times engine were left running...
    This happened to our company car. We were in Batangas and over 2 hrs running yung engine. I remember my Dad being impressed that the car did not overheat. They thought of destroying the glass but did not go through with it. The keys were sent from Manila pa.

In Tagaytay naman my friend absentmindedly closed the trunk and left the key inside. He knew what he did the moment he closed the trunk This happened at the Rotonda kasi we were at 711 looking for a film for my camera (it was that long ago ) My friend thought of having the spare key sent to Tagaytay from QC but there was a nice manong that was able to open the door without destroying anything. I think it was sungkit method.

It happened to me once naman but it was in the garage. I could not remember where I placed my spare keys so my brother just used the normal sungkit method, Peeled off the rubber sa may window then used alambre, bent it into a "J". Tapos naangat na yun lock. I think that only works for old cars.
    Last edited by _Cathy_; July 17th, 2013 at 12:07 PM.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Cathy_for_you View Post
    He knew what he did the moment he closed the trunk
    Gash, i hate that feeling. You know it at the same exact (slow motion) moment as the door/trunk is closing.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast