New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

View Poll Results: If your bank account has a "myterious" money deposit, what would you do?

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • Keep the money

1 7.69%
  • Notify the bank about the deposit

8 61.54%
  • Keep silent & wait (until the bank notifies you)

4 30.77%
  • Others

0 0%
  • Pray and thank God for His generosity.

2 15.38%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    it is still not mine... i will notify the bank.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    Well, you can assume it's a random deposit or mistake in the account number, etc.

I have experienced this in my account. I saw 500,000 deposited and then withdrawn on the same day. I assume the bank teller made a mistake when punching in the account number.
    then what happened? did they call your attention about it later?

ako, i would notify and clarify with the bank about it immediately

3. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    sorry, double post
    Last edited by vito corleone; June 29th, 2009 at 01:33 AM.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    the bank will find out sooner or later..hinde sila mag balance at the end of the day...

and besides if you're not expecting a large sum of money, and you absolutely knew na hinde saiyo, it's your obligation to report it to the bank
    +1 You can probably fool the bank for a day or two but they WILL eventually figure it out.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    For me the most logical thing to do is to report it to/notify the bank.

6. Join Date
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    Well, you can assume it's a random deposit or mistake in the account number, etc.

I have experienced this in my account. I saw 500,000 deposited and then withdrawn on the same day. I assume the bank teller made a mistake when punching in the account number.
    Quote Originally Posted by chua_riwap View Post
    ^^ That happened to me also, when I was still Singapore based. A S$4,000 was added to my DBS account.

Di ko ginalaw. Then the next day, na-correct na yung actual SA balance ko.
    i think the bank should notify u of errors made on your account and should express their apology for proper documentation...

but nonetheless, inform the bank immediately of any questionable deposits.

Last edited by ianmitsulancer; June 29th, 2009 at 03:03 AM.

aba sana ganyan din goverment officials natin.... honest pagdating sa pera..hehehe

as i know, may funds na randomly tumatalon from 1 account to another...may dahilan dun..pero most ata di accident..lalo na pag huminto na sa account mo..hehe..

withdraw then mamuhay ka na sa malayo sa bangko mo..(joke)

8. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    the bank will find out sooner or later..hinde sila mag balance at the end of the day...

and besides if you're not expecting a large sum of money, and you absolutely knew na hinde saiyo, it's your obligation to report it to the bank
    Actually, balanse naman ang banko at the end of the day. Sakto kasi ang cash balance.

Malalaman lang ang overage or shortage kung kulang or sobra yung cash position (kulang or sobra ang naibigay sa depositor na nag-withdraw).

Pero sabit sa audit yun.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2005

I will not touch the money.... It will "disappear" within the next few days. That, I am certain....

8101:oops2:

10. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by ianmitsulancer View Post
    i think the bank should notify u of errors made on your account and should express their apology for proper documentation...

That should be the case. However, I think that they're assuming that you're not checking your account that often to notice the discrepancy.....

Anyway, there isn't any traceable transaction.... Hhhmmmm, hindi kaya ginagamit na jumping board ang mga accounts natin.....

8101:oops2:

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Mysterious Bank Deposit Question