The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Pope upset that Muslims offended

CNN

2. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Christians in predominantly muslim countries are everyday exposed to discrimination and persecution. Churches are vandalized or bombed, those caught worshipping or even just carrying a rosary, bible or making the sign of the cross are punished, imprisoned even killed - while the muslim perpetrators remain unprosecuted. Now, do these things happen to them in predominantly christian countries? Shoud'nt their religious leaders and politicians also apologize for such real acts of violence against christians?

If as they claim that islam is for peace and non-violence, then their religious leaders must stop regularly issuing 'fatwahs" to kill christians and non-muslims. Instead of magnifying the Pope's message - which afterall has historical basis and had been misquoted, and demanding a public apology, they should just concentrate on re-educating their believers not to use religion as a basis to commit violence - so they can prove to the world that it has indeed misjudged the true meaning of Islam.

just my 2 sentimos worth.....

3. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    The Pope sends you his regards.

:fly:

4. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    taken from your news article *coder

The mentality of the Crusades has returned. (Benedict) will go down in history in the same category as leaders such as Hitler and Mussolini."

Criticism was not confined to Muslims. The New York Times said in an editorial on Saturday that he must issue a "deep and persuasive" apology for quotes used in his speech.

"The world listens carefully to the words of any pope. And it is tragic and dangerous when one sows pain, either deliberately or carelessly," the Times said.
    what a phony, grabe talaga media. why listen to a pope and at the same time, make us Christians criticize him for not saying what we only want to hear. if the pope said that then so be it. opinions are just words. no physical harm naman eh. what's worst, is bombing somebody and then they'll tell you blame your pope. he started it.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    You worry too much God is with him, He can do no wrong.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by GasJunkie View Post
    You worry too much God is with him, He can do no wrong.

who are you referrin' to? the Times writer or the bomber?

7. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Both.

8. Join Date
    May 2005
    well i just want to throw in my 2 cents,

If there is something i learned the catholic schools ive atteneded, is the fact that the Pope is considered as infalliable with matters of the faith. Im not sure if his speech was intended to educate the faithful about their faith or is just that, "an academic speech". I guess people have a habit of focusing on things out of context. They completely ignore the essence of his entire speech. I guess its more "explosive" a news item if they focused on a "qoute" (mind you the pope is only actually quoting stuff) criticizing some of the muslims belief.

I guess its not a surprise to most of us, some firebrand leaders of the muslim faithful are just waiting for the slightest comment/criticism about their faith, however good natured it could be, to signal an attack at christians. I guess some of these leaders would still want to rekindle the attrocities that the Christians had committed during the crusades and this is one way to do it. Should we expect the RP congress to pass a resolution condemning Madonna for her crucifix theatrics in her concerts? I think madonna is practicing jew. If this is the case we should join in the jihad against israel.

See... how things could escalate if we take things too seriously. We should just take every comment with a grain of salt, respect each other's opinions and move on.

One thing about JP2 that I wish pope benedict has is his ability to "play"(in a positive way) all world faiths. He smoothened ties with the jews, orthodox christians and i think also muslims. i guess he is just so darn likeable that its hard to resist his charms. Si pope benedict kasi parang medyo matapang ang itsura, parang kakabahan ka kapag kaharap

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i don't want to be insensitive to our Muslim brethren, but i can't see what the big deal is. if roles were reversed i'd doubt that the Christian world would be up in arms...

maybe someone can educate us on why this is such a sensitive topic for those of Muslim faith...personally, i'm not a big fan of the Catholic Church but i still can't believe that Pope Palpatin - ahem,Benedict meant anything malicious by these comments.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by M54 Powered View Post
    i don't want to be insensitive to our Muslim brethren, but i can't see what the big deal is. if roles were reversed i'd doubt that the Christian world would be up in arms...

maybe someone can educate us on why this is such a sensitive topic for those of Muslim faith...personally, i'm not a big fan of the Catholic Church but i still can't believe that Pope Palpatin - ahem,Benedict meant anything malicious by these comments.
    You need to cut down on your Star Wars......

Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
Muslim fury at pope jihad comments