New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    http://www.philstar.com/Article.aspx...bCategoryId=72

[SIZE="4"]Indeed buses are the culprits[/SIZE]
    MOTORING TODAY
    By Ray Butch Gamboa SPMJ (The Philippine Star)
    Updated October 27, 2010 12:00 AM

It seems that there is no denying that indeed the buses cause the traffic congestion along EDSA. In a recent newspaper report no less than Senator Ralph Recto, former NEDA head who confirmed the statistics that EDSA’s physical tolerance for buses has been far exceeded, and sadly caused by the presence of unlicensed, illegal or colorum buses. This leads me again to the question, “Whatever happened to the supposedly no nonsense drive against colorum buses visibly conducted by the MMDA lead by its new leadership in its first days of office? They seem to have fizzled out as fast as it flashed in the pan.”

If I remember right, one of the major justifications of the “odd-even” traffic reduction scheme, which was supposed to be implemented on private vehicles, was that it can mathematically reduce the traffic volume in half. Having claimed that, why doesn’t the MMDA apply this scheme to the buses to immediately reduce their over population in half?

Is the lobby of bus operators really that strong?

2. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Sa pakikinig ko sa AM radio, nung panahon pa to ni GMA na mukhang may malaking tao na hindi talaga mabangga bangga... I used to think it was someone related to GMA or Mike Arroyo since sila nakaupo nun..

but now na nagpalit na ng admin, mukhang di pa rin maka kilos ang MMDA... di kaya one of the long time politicians na hanggang ngayon ay andyan pa rin?

3. Join Date
    Dec 2005

Am I a bit surprised?!?!?!.... :hysterical:

11.1K:transform:

4. Join Date
    Jul 2009

"kailangan pa bang i-memorize yan?"

hehehehehe

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    if only LTO will properly enforce yun mga check list when you register your vehicles. marami na "not fit for public roads" na PUVs.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Medyo maluwag yung EDSA mula Crame to Ortigas this morning. And I also saw a lot of buses flagged down by the MMDA near VV Soliven and Kamayan.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    ang problema sa ganyang system na apprehension, if they have to do it everyday, kulang sila ng tao na yung ilalagay na tao na mag apprehend ay pabago bago... kung naka pirmi yung apprehender, eventually magkaka familiarity.. madadala sa pakiusap... mahirap isustain...

kahit sabihin mo na iconfiscate ang plaka (although declared illegal na rin) .. makakagawa naman ng peke.. at di rin naman lahat nahuhuli dahil sa plaka... sa liit ng plaka, by the time you recognize na peke.. mahirap na habulin yung mabilis na bus...

LTO / LTFRB pa rin ang key... sa registration / renewal... computerization was one step.. the RFID (sana) was also one step, sayang lang at na pulitika..

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by ess View Post
    Medyo maluwag yung EDSA mula Crame to Ortigas this morning. And I also saw a lot of buses flagged down by the MMDA near VV Soliven and Kamayan.
    Maybe the MMDA heads read the article yesterday?

9. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Naghahanap-buhay lang naman sila...silang lahat.

Somehow, it's really tough to get a bus ride here in northern Bulacan. Ewan ko ba kung bakit sila nagsisiksikan sa metro.

10. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Why doesn't the LTFRB just cancel all the franchises along EDSA and start fresh? Common knowledge naman the over issuance of franchises was the result of corruption within the agency. Also why don't they mark/color the buses so they can easily spot the colorums from the legal ones?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
MOTORING: Indeed buses are the culprits