New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

hi fellow tsikoteers,

i have been watching the news back there and reports show that there are at least 2-3 fire incidents just in metro manila almost everyday.

what do you think are the best ways to prevent fire?

what are the things we need to avoid which may be fire hazards (aside from the most common "naiwang kandila", "katol")?

i think this thread will be of big help to all of us.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    What exactly are the main causes of fire per local statistics?

For me (at home):
    - Knowledge: I instruct and repeatedly remind our house help and my kids to turn off and unplug unused appliances and to not keep things like the electric fan running all day. I always remind them that these may cause fires if they short out.
    - I replace the seriously old appliances to new ones when i see it may be a fire hazard in the future.
    - Ensuring the electricals are okay.
    - No candles, we rely on rechargeable LED lamps when needed (i just keep some for real emergencies).
    - I clean up the house regularly. No old papers, furniture, trash, etc.
    - Before sleeping at night, i do a round of the house and check all electrical appliances, etc. to make sure all are either properly plugged or turned off, or are not making any scary noises.

yung electrical checking ang di ko alam kung papano. especially now that we have gadgets left and right, pag gabi, lahat chinacharge. natatakot tuloy ako especially if i just use one outlet and plug an extension with a lot of sockets.

tapos, will a fire extinguisher help? as i know, this should be checked on a regular basis. kasama na ba yun pag bumili ka ng extinguisher?

most important topic for now....Fire Prevention!