New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    I want to know your inputs on what is the difference between a montessori and a traditional schools.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    how about Kumon Philippines, where is it classified?

3. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    up ko lang ito, ano ba yung difference ng dalawa?...

4. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    I saw a comparison on one of the website...
    http://www.claremontmontessori.org/D...5/Default.aspx

5. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    diba Kumon is a school supplement? (like a food supplement hehe)

i mean, your kid goes to a real school, and Kumon helps your kid in math and reading so your kid will do better in real school

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Montessori focuses more on life skills and discipline than traditional schools, and the program is more structured. This instills a greater sense of self-responsibility in the child. If you let them study in Montessori till the end of high school, there's a chance they'll study more diligently in the first two or three years of college... before the bad influence of their classmates set in...

Our gameplan is to keep our kid in Montessori for early grade-school and try to angle for a slot at one of the science highs (PhiSchi or MaSchi) or the UPIS integrated program. I had many classmates from MaSci, and I'm impressed by the quality of students who come from that school.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

7. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    how about a 3yr old child will study on a traditional learning center then after a year the child will be enrolled to a montessori. Will there be an impact when the child enters the montessori after a year in a traditional school?

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by james00112233 View Post
    how about a 3yr old child will study on a traditional learning center then after a year the child will be enrolled to a montessori. Will there be an impact when the child enters the montessori after a year in a traditional school?
    Maybe, maybe not. Depends on the child. Programs for 3-4 years old in traditional schools are usually more play-school than academics...

9. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Maybe, maybe not. Depends on the child. Programs for 3-4 years old in traditional schools are usually more play-school than academics...
    how about programs for 3-4 yrs old in a montessori school?

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by james00112233 View Post
    how about programs for 3-4 yrs old in a montessori school?
    Similar to regular schools. Play activities plus academics, including math and pre-reading and writing skills. The difference is in the use of Montessori specific activities and methods (puzzles, blocks for counting and fractions, simulated daily activities) and the more structured sessions with emphasis on daily routine and activities. Promotes self-reliance and discipline.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Montessori vs. Traditional schools