New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    along edsa & commonwealth lang ba ito? dapat metro wide.
    & sana, di ningas kugon. baka sa umpisa lang yan mahigpit sila.......

MMDA nabs 164 jaywalkers on Day 1 of crackdown » Nation » News | Philippine News | philstar.com

MMDA nabs 164 jaywalkers on Day 1 of crackdown

MANILA, Philippines - The Metropolitan Manila Development Authority (MMDA) yesterday nabbed 164 persons for jaywalking on the first day of the agency’s campaign against jaywalking.

MMDA Chairman Francis Tolentino said those apprehended were given Pedestrian Violation Receipts (PVRs) and were made to pay a P200 fine. Some of those apprehended opted to attend an on-the-spot seminar on disaster preparedness after refusing to pay the fine, he said.

As of 1 p.m. yesterday, 100 jaywalkers were apprehended at the EDSA-Ortigas intersection, 32 at the Commonwealth Avenue-Litex Road area, 16 at Balintawak, and 16 at the EDSA-Taft Avenue area.

Tolentino personally led the MMDA’s anti-jaywalking personnel, called the “men-in-red” after the red shirts they were wearing, in apprehending the jaywalkers.

Tolentino lectured the apprehended jaywalkers on the importance of using crosswalks and footbridges in crossing the street.

“We should highlight to the public the dangers of jaywalking. This is one way to discourage them from crossing just about anywhere,” the MMDA chief said.

According to the MMDA, 54 percent of road accidents in Metro Manila were caused by jaywalkers. The MMDA’s Metro Manila Accident Recording and Analysis System recorded 174 pedestrian deaths last year after being hit by speeding vehicles.

A total of 5,348 jaywalking-related accidents were recorded last year as compared to 4,951 in 2010, wherein 167 pedestrians died.

“Last year, there was a daily average of 14 pedestrian-related traffic accidents. This is an alarming figure,” Tolentino said.

Tolentino pointed out that senior citizens, minors, and persons with disabilities are exempted from the P200 fine but they are required to undergo the 15-minute seminar.

“Our traffic enforcers can assist them in going up pedestrian footbridges or crossing the designated pedestrian lanes,” he said.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Punta sila C5

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

3. Join Date
    Dec 2005

We'll watch from the sidelines....

15.8K:dunno:

4. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    In less than a month everything will be back to the way it is, just like their other seasonal campaigns like anti-littering, anti-smoking, anti-loading and unloading...

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Monseratto View Post
    In less than a month everything will be back to the way it is, just like their other seasonal campaigns like anti-littering, anti-smoking, anti-loading and unloading...
    That is the problem, it is "MMDA drive against <fill in blank>". It is not a sustained campaign which would be better at changing people's bad habits.

From my point of view, the only reason why they don't maintain it is because it doesn't generate income for the MMDA. Compare that to the anti overspeeding drive they are doing on Commonwealth and Macapagal Ave. If the number of cars they "catch" is consistent when I was observing, it is a real money maker.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    para maging permanent ang effect nyan e huwag na nila pakawalan yung mga nahuli.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Or gawin nila pwede bangain or kung mabangga walang kasalanan drivers

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

8. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    at may premyo sa pinaka-maraming nabangga.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    Or gawin nila pwede bangain or kung mabangga walang kasalanan drivers
    I so wish this is the rule.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    ^ Me too. Pagawa ako special bullbar para lang dyan

Pinakamaraming points may prize na kotse

---

BTT: sa ortigas fronting POEA dami hinuli

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast