New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2006

Pakicheck nga kung nasa West Philippine Sea si Bruce Willis

Seriously nakakatakot siguro ganyan pag makikita mo.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2006

3. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Too bad walang Freedom and Independence na Shuttle....

Asteroid to whiz past Earth Friday
    Agence France-Presse
    3:46 pm | Friday, February 15th, 2013

BOSTON – NASA is keeping close tabs on a sizable asteroid set to whiz past our planet Friday in what the US space agency says is the closest flyby ever predicted for such a large object.

About 150 feet (45 meters) in diameter, the asteroid — dubbed 2012 DA 14 — is expected to pass about 17,200 miles (27,000 kilometers) above the Earth at the time of closest approach, about 2:25 pm EST (1925 GMT), NASA said.

“This distance is well away from Earth and the swarm of low Earth-orbiting satellites, including the International Space Station,” it said in a statement on its website.

Still, “the flyby of 2012 DA14 is the closest-ever predicted approach to Earth for an object this large.”

The space agency insisted there was nothing to fear.

“NASA places a high priority on tracking asteroids and protecting our home planet from them,” it said.

The asteroid will be visible in eastern Europe, Australia and Asia, according to astronomers, and NASA noted the flyby will provide a “unique opportunity for researchers to study a near-Earth object up close.”

NASA’s Jet Propulsion Laboratory in California planned a half-hour broadcast incorporating real-time animation to show the asteroid’s location.

Meanwhile, the Goldstone Solar System Radar, located in California’s Mojave Desert, was poised to take radar images of the asteroid over the coming days to determine its exact size and shape.

The 2012 DA 14 was discovered by chance by astronomers after passing nearby last February.

NASA estimates a smallish asteroid like 2012 DA 14 flies close to the Earth every 40 years, on average, but only hits our planet once every 1,200 years.

Astronomers have detected some 9,500 celestial bodies of various sizes that pass near Earth, but they estimate that’s only a tenth of what’s out there.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i've seen one more than 20 years ago. i was walking with my mother at night at our home town when suddenly there was this big fireball across the sky, from south to north. it was fast but not as fast as that in the moscow video. i don't remember hearing a sonic boom though. must have been just a small meteorite.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2007

6. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Wheres OB to explain all this?

Sent from my GT-P7310 using Forum Runner (wishing tapatalk is already working)

7. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    [ame]www.youtube.com/watch?v=7c-0iwBEswE[/ame]

8. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    i remember someone posted in some thread that God prevents things from crashing into earth

yeah right

9. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    maybe si Bumblebee yon nagcrash.

10. Join Date
    Feb 2013
    This is a regular occurrence in the history of the earth... the good thing is that it was an airburst and didn't impact on the ground.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast