New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    has anyone able to watch the meteor shower this morning?

Meteor showers seen today

Saturday, December 15, 2007 Filipino sky-watchers will have a nice view of the Geminid meteor showers before dawn today as clear sky conditions are expected to prevail over the country in the next two days, the Philippine Atmospheric, Geophysical and Astronomical Services Administration (Pagasa) said yesterday.
    Dr. Bernardo Soriano, chief of Pagasa’s Atmospheric, Geophysical and Space Sciences Branch (AGSSB), said latest weather forecasts showed that the skies will be clear in the next two days.
    He said Geminids is one of the most spectacular annual showers, as it sometimes exceeds 100 meteors per hour.
    Soriano said Geminids will peak on Dec. 14 to 15, with an average rate of 60 showers per hour.
    He said Geminids is active from Dec. 6 to 19, but the best time to watch is in the morning of Dec. 15.
    He said the showers will be visible all over the Philippines.
    “The best time to look is during the early morning hours between about 2 a.m. and dawn,” Soriano said.
    Observers won’t need binoculars or a telescope because the naked eye is usually best for seeing meteors, which often streak more than 45 degrees across the sky, it said.
    The radiant of the Geminid shower is located near Castor, one of the two bright stars in Gemini.
    Radiant pertains to a point in space from which a meteor shower appears to originate. – Helen Flores

2. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    D ko nakita, late na akong magising e

3. Join Date
    Dec 2005

Ngek! ngayon ko lang nabasa ito.....

Sayang!

4808:santa:

4. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    last night i tried to watcch the geminid meteor shower between 1030pm-1115pm...pero i only got to see 6 meteors graze nearby the orion constellation. . .

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    I've been watching it for the last 2 mornings. This morning, it looks like it's over. We're back to the normal 4-5 streaks every hour. It's 4:45 am right now. I probably should've just slept.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    kahit maliit lang na part ng sky ang view dito sa bahay nakakita ako ng malinaw na 2, perong pang 2 pero hindi ko alam kung naimagine ko na lang yun sa pagkainip ko hehe.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by bladerunner View Post
    nakalimutan ko kasi shampoo sa gym
    Para saan ang shampoo?

Ay, kelangan nga pala ng shampoo, may shower eh......Meteor nga lang.

(Peace OB. )

8. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    I've seen 3 streaks pero after that napagod na ako kakatingin after 30 mins. so i stopped..

9. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    2mingin ako 11.30 palang nakakita na ako 20., then mga 2am un na dagsa na 3 p/minute na.,

Meteor showers seen today