New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I'm talking about the July 16, 1990 earthquake....

2. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    kinder 1 ako ng mga time na yan. as far as i remember, uwian namin yun ng biglang nag shake ang buong paligid namin ng ilang seconds. nakakatakot, parang end of the world...

3. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    I was in grade school that day and I was in front of Sto. Domingo Church. I didn't notice until the lady street vendor beside me started praying out loud.

I remember walking from that church up to Philcoa because the buses and PUJs are full due to the fact that everyone got to go home early.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Where were you and what did you do during that day?

I was in 2nd year HS and we were lowering the Philippine flag from the pole because it was about to rain when the pole suddenly started to sway. It was about a couple of seconds past that we realized the earth was shaking. Scared and disoriented, we ran to the open field.

It was a good thing we were under the DST. The elementary schools were dismissed early enough to avoid casualties. How? The top portion of the church's tower collapsed . . . directly on the street where elementary students were supposed to pass. God is really good.

The funny thing is . . . I learned to recite the rosary out of fear.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    bro, pa-merge mo nalang eto sa thread ni shadow. meron na siya ginawa din about dito

6. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by testament11 View Post
    bro, pa-merge mo nalang eto sa thread ni shadow. meron na siya ginawa din about dito
    ay, pasensiya na po... ngayon ko lang din napansin na may nauna ng thread about it.

grade school pa ako nun. gumalaw galaw lang ilaw na nakalambitin..hehe

8. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    I was in 2nd year HS and we were lowering the Philippine flag from the pole because it was about to rain when the pole suddenly started to sway. It was about a couple of seconds past that we realized the earth was shaking. Scared and disoriented, we ran to the open field.

It was a good thing we were under the DST. The elementary schools were dismissed early enough to avoid casualties. How? The top portion of the church's tower collapsed . . . directly on the street where elementary students were supposed to pass. God is really good.

The funny thing is . . . I learned to recite the rosary out of fear.

9. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    I was also in 2nd year hs when this earthquake happened. Still fresh in my memory when my teacher said "don't panic" and we were crying and praying to God and asked for help. Then I walked from school (monumento) to my house (4th avenue), and I saw the damaged in Ever Grand Central. I really thank God for bringing me home safe and sound and also to my sister and brother.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    HS ako at naghihintay sa bus stop nung biglang gumalaw yung ground. nasabi ko pa sa kasama ko "pare, may subway na ba pilipinas?" nung patapos na yung quake, tsaka palang namin narealize na lindol na pala. nagtawanan pa kami dahil kakaiba ang feeling na parang kinakalog. but it wasn't so funny when we got home and watched the news...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
[Merged]that fateful day 19 years ago....