New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Seriously, in case the title fooled you, it's less to do with the amount of cash you have (unless you carry more than 10k in small bills on a regular basis). It's more about how thick mens' wallets can be due to the items we have to carry everyday.

Well, anyway, I have the following personal effects in my wallet that I bring along ALWAYS:

Driver's license
    Three credit cards
    Two ATM cards
    Two rewards/point cards
    HMO card
    Company ID
    Four restaurant discount cards
    SSS
    Philhealth
    A few backup calling cards
    A wad of cash (just 'enough')
    A picture of my family

It's so thick that I have to remove it from my back pocket if I need to sit down for any length of time, or I risk damaging my credit cards and give me a sore butt cheek.

Typically, I'm interested in how you guys cope with it.
    Last edited by oj88; May 11th, 2012 at 02:31 PM.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    I have two wallets, one I keep at home and one I bring along every time I go out.

When I go somewhere near (usually malls), I only bring with me my driver's license, a credit card -- in case my cash wouldn't be enough & my SM Advantage card (sayang ang points!) everything else is left at home.

I plan my trips, hence I don't need to bring my ATM card along with me every single time. Unless hindi ko talaga accounted for beforehand ang gastusin ko for that particular day. And my HMO card isn't actually necessary. If ever something happens to me, I'd make sure that someone can get it at home.

Isa pa nga pala na dala ko is another valid ID, in case biglang kailanganin. And yep, I have a spare one sa car pa para kapag pumapasok ako sa certain villages since I don't feel comfortable giving my license.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    sa akin driver's license and debit/credit card and sogo discount card lang. i don't bring any of the sss, philhealth, calling cards, hmo card. ung rewards card si esmi ata meron.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Why not remove what you don't need daily? HMO, discount, rewards, etc... Put them all in a separate card wallet which you can put in another pocket or leave at the car.

I just carry the following:
    - 3 ATM cards
    - 2 Credit Cards
    - Driver's License
    - Company ID
    - Calling Card
    - Cash (a small amount only really)

5. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Before i have the same issues like TS. Pero yun nga depende naman sa pupuntahan mo yan like what renzo said.
    For me dala ko lahat yan everyday. i have 2 wallets 1 is for cash, can hold cards and ID's too and the other one is a Card wallet.
    Yung card wallet lagi lang asa car ko,kinukuha ko lang yun kailangan ko whenever i need it. So the usual is ang dala ko is cash, ATM kung kulang yun pera ko and baka may unecessary na gastusin and 1 credit card. Thankfully nakakuha na ako nung UMID, 3 ID's in 1 for GSIS, PHILHEALTH AND PAG-IBIG kaya bawas sa pampakapal ng wallet.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Mahirap din kapag dala mo lahat ng card mo sa iisang wallet, p'ano kapag na-dukot? Sobrang hassle ang dami mo tatawagan.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    question.

why do you keep your drivers license sa wallet? wherever you go dala niyo?
    ako i keep it in the car, never ko nilagay sa wallet yun, dinadala ko lang yun if i dont have my car and baka bigla kong kailanganin mag drive when im with my friends. Ang hirap kasi let say nawala wallet mo pati yun kasama, hassle masyado it will hinder you from driving pa.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by oj88 View Post
    Seriously, in case the title fooled you, it's less to do with the amount of cash you have (unless you carry more than 10k in small bills on a regular basis). It's more about how thick mens' wallets can be due to the items we have to carry everyday.

Well, anyway, I have the following personal effects in my wallet that I bring along ALWAYS:

Driver's license - needed
    Three credit cards - needed
    Two ATM cards - bring only the more popular one
    Two rewards/point cards - not needed

HMO card - needed
    Company ID - sling it
    Four restaurant discount cards - not needed
    SSS - not needed
    Philhealth - not needed
    A few backup calling cards - just one if this is part of your job

A wad of cash (just 'enough') - oh well
    A picture of my family - not needed - giveaway when you're lost...

It's so thick that I have to remove it from my back pocket if I need to sit down for any length of time, or I risk damaging my credit cards and give me a sore butt cheek.

Typically, I'm interested in how you guys cope with it.
    See my edits to your list....

Now, you have a thin wallet...

15.6K:weathermanf2:

9. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post
    Mahirap din kapag dala mo lahat ng card mo sa iisang wallet, p'ano kapag na-dukot? Sobrang hassle ang dami mo tatawagan.

+1

too short.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    ^

yes, dala palagi ang driver's license. lalo na at may ibang sasakyan kang minamaneho. mas hassle kapag nahuli ka tapos nasa isang sasakyan pala ang drivers license mo.

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
Men: Ideas on how to trim my fat wallet