New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Hello guys,

I would like to get your inputs if i have miss something, we are planning to build a house (83sqm lot 8x10), were planning to have a 3 floors (no roof - open lang siya) on the left part and 2 floors on the right part of the house.

i did make some inquiries and able to get these information of materials to use and their quantity, am not sure if i did miss something, hope you guys with construction knowledge or not help us out, if we miss something, semi furnish 1st and 2nd floor, yung 3rd floor ay kahit bare lang muna..kasi gagawin sampayan lang naman eh..kasi we are maximizing the lot area since hinde naman siya ganun kalaki.

We were able to get a Construction foreman na payag na labor sa kanila and lahat ng materiales samin.

Am not sure kung over acting yung quantity and price ko, pero mas maganda na siguru yung sobra kesa kulang..

Any inputs would be VERY greatly appreciated..

here's the list of materials with their prices and quatity:

Tiles 30 x 30 ( Outside, 1st, 2nd and 3rd Floor) = P25,000
    Granite (Kitchen Counter, 2nd floor bathroom) = P50,000
    Cement - 1,000 bags - 220/per bag = P220,000
    Hollow Blocks - 7000pcs - 5" - 10/pc = P70,000
    Sand Gravel - 10 elf truch - 5000/truck = P50,000
    ***Round deform bar***
    250pcs 10mm x 6m = 140/pc = P35,000
    250pcs 12mm x 6m = 200/pc = P50,000
    150pcs 16mm x 6m = 350/pc = P52,500
    Wirings and Pipings - P60,000
    ***Marine Plywood***
    50pcs 1/4" - 4'8 - 400/pc = P20,000
    50pcs 1/2" - 4'8 - 400/pc = P35,000
    25pcs 3/4" - 4'8 - 400/pc = P30,000
    ***Cocolumber (Standard Size)***
    Standard Size - 300pcs - 120/pc = P36,000
    Doors and Windows and Grills - P100,000
    Paints interior and exterior - P50,000
    Lights and Toilet fixtures - P80,000
    Roof Sheets (pre-painted), Trusses (Angular Bar), Fence, Gates and Insulation Foil - P120,000
    Accessories & Miscellaneous (Door Knob, Cement Mixer and other construction supplies) - P100,000
    Labor - P500,000 (Pakyawan Labor only)

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    your architect who made the plans should be able to give you an accurate count of what materials you will need. for example he should be able to give you the number of 16mm rebar that will be used so you do not need to purchase excess rebar.

o baka walang plans?

3. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    magkano na total nyan? may mga contractor naman na can meet your budget.. mas madali pag ganon.. less headache for you.. tsaka ingat sa walang bubong.. kailangan maganda water proofing nyan.. pag hindi.. malaking problema yan.. hahanap at hahanap nang gagapangan yung tubig..

4. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by earthlyken View Post
    Hello guys,

I would like to get your inputs if i have miss something, we are planning to build a house (83sqm lot 8x10), were planning to have a 3 floors (no roof - open lang siya) on the left part and 2 floors on the right part of the house.

i did make some inquiries and able to get these information of materials to use and their quantity, am not sure if i did miss something, hope you guys with construction knowledge or not help us out, if we miss something, semi furnish 1st and 2nd floor, yung 3rd floor ay kahit bare lang muna..kasi gagawin sampayan lang naman eh..kasi we are maximizing the lot area since hinde naman siya ganun kalaki.

We were able to get a Construction foreman na payag na labor sa kanila and lahat ng materiales samin.

Am not sure kung over acting yung quantity and price ko, pero mas maganda na siguru yung sobra kesa kulang..

Any inputs would be VERY greatly appreciated..

here's the list of materials with their prices and quatity:

Tiles 30 x 30 ( Outside, 1st, 2nd and 3rd Floor) = P25,000
    Granite (Kitchen Counter, 2nd floor bathroom) = P50,000
    Cement - 1,000 bags - 220/per bag = P220,000
    Hollow Blocks - 7000pcs - 5" - 10/pc = P70,000
    Sand Gravel - 10 elf truch - 5000/truck = P50,000
    ***Round deform bar***
    250pcs 10mm x 6m = 140/pc = P35,000
    250pcs 12mm x 6m = 200/pc = P50,000
    150pcs 16mm x 6m = 350/pc = P52,500
    Wirings and Pipings - P60,000
    ***Marine Plywood***
    50pcs 1/4" - 4'8 - 400/pc = P20,000
    50pcs 1/2" - 4'8 - 400/pc = P35,000
    25pcs 3/4" - 4'8 - 400/pc = P30,000
    ***Cocolumber (Standard Size)***
    Standard Size - 300pcs - 120/pc = P36,000
    Doors and Windows and Grills - P100,000
    Paints interior and exterior - P50,000
    Lights and Toilet fixtures - P80,000
    Roof Sheets (pre-painted), Trusses (Angular Bar), Fence, Gates and Insulation Foil - P120,000
    Accessories & Miscellaneous (Door Knob, Cement Mixer and other construction supplies) - P100,000
    Labor - P500,000 (Pakyawan Labor only)
    A good architect can give you a very good estimate. If you have pelenty of time in your hand, canvass for cheap prices and buy from different sources. If gahol sa time, pakyawan system will do but make sure you make sure insructions on quality of important materials are clear. Renovations are costlier than building a new one. SO make sure they get it right the first time.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    I suggest you don't use coco-lumber and instead rent metal scaffoldings. I just finished adding 2 floors to my house (GASTOS!) and I regretted on buying coco-lumber instead of renting scaffolds. Good thing a neighbor was about to embark on a similar project ang bought all my used coco-lumber at a much lower price. At least I got a portion of my money back.

And I think there's a discrepancy on the prices of your marine plywood. I can recall how much exactly, but from what I know, the thicker it gets, the more expensive it becomes.

You should mix "Sahara" on the concrete slabs per floor and on the concrete beams and posts. This powdered chemical ensures that there will be no cracks in the concrete. On the rooftop, seal the cement slab with Morta-Seal, this will further ensure that no water will seep into your walls and floor. The concrete slab on top should be graded, that way rainwater will be channeled to one side and drained thru a downspout.

Syempre .. before pouring of concrete on the house posts, put in coins and say a prayer for good luck!

6. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by lowslowbenz View Post

Syempre .. before pouring of concrete on the house posts, put in coins and say a prayer for good luck!
    This is advisable only to wooden houses with concrete pedestals. Since this is a three-storey structure, we don't want any unwanted material in the main structural members that might compromise the integrity of the structure. But you could still place them on the landings of the stairs or the front porch entrance if you like :-)

San ka nag-base ng computation? tama yung comments nila, dapat may house plan kasi dun babase ang estimator, and your architect / quantity surveyor can provide you with the details on the volume and specs of the materials you'll need. Are you buying / renting the concrete mixer? if so, try to rent na rin yung rebar cutter para sa paggawa ng stirrups (anilyo), that way mas mabilis magtrabaho ang steelman, kesa mano mano ang pag-cut. pero pakyawan yata labor mo, so i guess they have it covered na.

Set aside additional funds for finishing materials, dito karaniwan lumalaki ang costs kasi minsan (or madalas) nagbabago isip ng owner on what finishing they want on their house.

Lastly, post mo date and location para sa house blessing, para makapunta naman mga tsikoteers hehehe. good luck!

7. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    pahabol: if your placing an order for G-1 or 3/4 sized gravel, orderin mo yung "crushed" gravel. these are stronger and well suited for mid to hi-rise construction since they came from solid rock. wag yung ordinary pebble-type na galing sa river bank quarry.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    also you mentioned 3 floors, what's the total floor area?

9. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    use La Farge cement un portland...republic or fortune

10. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by _Qwerty_ View Post
    magkano na total nyan? may mga contractor naman na can meet your budget.. mas madali pag ganon.. less headache for you.. tsaka ingat sa walang bubong.. kailangan maganda water proofing nyan.. pag hindi.. malaking problema yan.. hahanap at hahanap nang gagapangan yung tubig..
    eto problema ko, may alkitran na may water proofing pa... pero meron pa din...delikado pa nito sa linya nang flexi hose nang electrical gumagapang.

BTT:

Pag may plano na yung bahay mo pa estimate mo sa tamang tao. yung mga price ba galing din kay foreman?mas maganda ikaw na mag canvass. hingi ka lang sa kanya nang mga kailangan bilhin pero ikaw ang bibili. matuto rin tumawad

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast