New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I got a call kanina. One of their client a leading TELCO company is in need of a person like me (Oracle DBA). The lady is asking me if I'm interested and wants to know kung kelan ako available for interview. I'm kinda interested.

Anyone from a TELCO company here who can somewhat give me an idea kung anong klaseng package meron at kung magkano ang salary range ng isang IT person sa isang TELCO Company?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    tanong mo kay silver_corolla. DBA ata sya ng Smart eh. hehehehehe.
    i have friends in Globe, mga network engineers, mataas nga magpasweldo, pero usually at par with other companies din. ang binabayaran kasi dyan is yung position.

si mazdamazda tsaka si pajerokid, di ko lang alam kung IT related sila, pero ang lalaki din ng sweldo nyang mga yan (sa Sun naman sila...)

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    It depends on the kind of work they're gonna make you do. TELCOs usually have a higher compensation package for their employees in the revenue centers (sales & marketing, business development, carrier relations) since they are the lifeblood of the company's income. The basic package may appear low, but the commission schemes are really good. They also have quarterly bonuses and car plans.

Technical services are another matter. If you're assigned to IT, you'll get a fixed salary scheme plus the same bonuses as the other employees from support services are getting. The general rule here is that your income is a function of your rank.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    generally malaki as compared with the electronics and semicon company...

kung sa smart, 20/21 month pay pa..

5. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    sa laki ba naman ng net income ng dalawang giant telcos na yan kaya laki rin compensation packages

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueBimmer
    sa laki ba naman ng net income ng dalawang giant telcos na yan kaya laki rin compensation packages
    dati kasi nag-offer ang SMART sa akin (3 years ago). they were giving me a good package pero yung basic salary ko mas mababa sa present salary ko noon kaya di ko na rin ipinush! sana nga ok ito. sabi ni esmi puntahan ko raw kc sayang. tutal malaki yung hinihingi ko siguro di naman sila tatawag kung di nila kayang ibigay

7. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    ok yan indemand ka hehe

8. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    hi jim,
    If you dont mind me asking,
    how many years experience do you have as an oracle dba and which project/companies where you affiliated with,
    I know of some companies who are looking for project based/contract for Oracle DBAs.
    Im in the same field as you also - an IT Professional also OCP for 8i/9i DBA
    you might be interested. PM me thanks

9. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    maganda yan.... anyway, walang mawawala sa 'yo if you ask them kung kaya nila ibigay ang asking mo..... baka pati kami mabiyayaan...hehehe

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by bers
    hi jim,
    If you dont mind me asking,
    how many years experience do you have as an oracle dba and which project/companies where you affiliated with,
    I know of some companies who are looking for project based/contract for Oracle DBAs.
    Im in the same field as you also - an IT Professional also OCP for 8i/9i DBA
    you might be interested. PM me thanks
    hi bers,

5 years plus na po akong DBA. di naman po ako active in seeking new careers pero nagkakataon may tumatawag sa akin. Pass po muna ako sa project based and contractual positions. Thanks!!!!

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Mataas ba magpasweldo ang TELCO Company?