New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    According to a study at Cornell U, men whose masculinity has been questioned are more likely to oppose gay marriage, support the war in Iraq and buy SUVs.

-Car & Driver January 2006

...and my friend who drives a big Isuzu Irmscher is having some sort of identity crisis

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Good. Every single 06 Sonata I've seen thus far are driven by women except mine. I was starting to have thoughts that it might be a girlie car.....

3. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    am thinking that they got their data from from gays...errr...i mean guys in Cornell U and nearby!

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Hehehe... defensive!

Ika nga, di the SUV is a phallic symbol? Those who are insecure about their manhood support the war in Iraq? Shyeeeet... I would get into such trouble if I posted that on my US board (and possibly be banned!)

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

5. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    ^if the SUV is considered as a phallic symbol, then what's for the anal stage? hahaha!

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    funny, because most SUV drivers i know are girly girls, including my wife. they like being high up, having plenty of room for their purse in the console and storage for shopping loot, etc.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    kayo talaga..pati ba naman yan!tsktsk

8. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    My former boss is openly gay, and he drives a RAV4. Hmmm...

Quote Originally Posted by M54 Powered
    funny, because most SUV drivers i know are girly girls, including my wife. they like being high up, having plenty of room for their purse in the console and storage for shopping loot, etc.
    A female officemate of mine drives a Gen 1 3-door Pajero every Monday (coding kasi yung Fiat Uno niya).

She once expressed apprehension at bringing her Paj to an all-girl party, remarking that driving in it makes her look like a butch. [I don't hear her complaining about the 4WD, though ]

9. Join Date
    May 2004
    observe ko nga most SUV drivers are women.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    sa Fitness First karamihan ng mga matrona doon na regular sa gym, ang dina-drive pajero, patrol, crosswind.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Masculinity and SUVs