New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Highly doubt if Martin Nievera will be censured or even be prosecuted. In the first place, the supposed "offense" didn't even happen in Philippine soil.

Add to that, are the courts really going to prosecute someone under an obscure and inutile law such as the proper singing of the national anthem? The judge would probably dismiss it fortiwth and deal with more important matters.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Not a martin fan, pero yung version nya is closest to the original marching rendition of our National Anthem. yung first 2 lines and last 2 lines ang binago pero the middle was how it was meant to be sung.
    Di tulad ng kanta ng iba na parang kanta sa patay!
    The national anthem is a marching song!
    Yan ang tintukoy na version ng NHI, hindi mabagal na version.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    haay naku bakit di na lang kantahin ang orig...mahilig talaga tayo mag imbento ng tono....di bale next time "My Way" na lang ang LH natin.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Ang mga Pinoy talaga, dyan magaling, ang magpuna. Tama yung isang poster, kayo nalang kumanta ng LH next time

5. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by moejun2 View Post
    lighten up guys, it's not the end of the world
    true

Quote Originally Posted by Isuzoom View Post
    Americano si martin nievera...american passport ang unggoy na yan.
    dual citizen ang A*# hole na yan

panalo si manny thats all that really matters... you gotta love batista showing his support ... another day pinoy pride is shown !!!

6. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Naku.... huwag nyo na pansinin yang rendition ng LH. Basta mahalaga panalo si Manny.

Nakakatakot hitsura ni Tom Jones. Kala ko kakanta ng "*** Bomb"..........
    Last edited by chua_riwap; May 4th, 2009 at 01:14 AM.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Wala namang papupuntahan yan. Di naman kikita mga pulitiko sa ganung usapin.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Maganda naman pagkakakanta. Tama lyrics at may feelings naman.

Creative lang siguro mga pinoy!
    Hindi ba may rock rendition din ang Lupang hinirang?

Lets say against the law ang pop rendition nya, pero dami pa namang mas "against the law" ang pinag-gagagawa ah? Mas masahol pa na tipong madami ang naaapektuhan at nasasagasaan.

9. Join Date
    May 2004
    does'nt bother me...don't care really...
    Last edited by the josh; May 4th, 2009 at 06:51 AM.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by kenzie View Post
    dual citizen ang A*# hole na yan
    What has the guy done to you to warrant calling him an asshole? I could understand if you were Pops and he dumped you, but otherwise...

And what's wrong with being a dual citizen, if, like me, or Batista, you have mixed parentage? Here I thought Pinoy was a state of mind, not a piece of paper tying you to a government you may or may not like.

Quote Originally Posted by oliver1013 View Post
    May boxing match dati si R kelly kumanta ginawang RNB yung Star Spangled Banner at nagsayawan yung iba sa ring... ewan ko lang kung bawal din sa kanila
    I remember an En Vogue rendition from an old match that got boos because it was too "maarte". Personally, I liked it. It had "feelings".

-

If it's against the law to sing the National Anthem in any other way than the original way, then the way we sang it in school, the way it's played on TV and the way it's played in the movie theaters are all against the law. The original rendition was meant to be a stirring, martial marching theme, not the slow and dignified one we use today. We got called on it a lot when we sung it as a choir, but if your heart's in the right place, what does it matter? The current style stirs deeper emotions than the blaring, pent-up energy of the original.

Now, if it's a crime to sing it badly... ...there's a lot of people I'd like to send to jail...
    Last edited by niky; May 4th, 2009 at 01:17 PM.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast