New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    for an enjoyable trip, means hinay hinay lang it takes 8-10 hours, make an early trip from manila (3am) para iwas traffic sa nueva ecija, tamang tama nasa dalton pass ka ng maaga and you can enjoy the view along the road. take a short stop in Solano nueva vizcaya dahil nakakalahati ka na (breakfast or whatever) para preparation mo na naman sa bundok ng Diadi before approaching Santiago City medyo matraffic na rin doon buy the time you arrive in the city. The rest maganda na after Santiago City upto tuguegarao but if you want another stop, make it to Cauayan isabela or in ilagan.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Hehe... stop in Cauayan or Ilagan and have the "Pansit Cabagan"... sort of a yakisoba-ish type of pansit with lots of sauce.

*nigo: actually, for 6 hours, your average speed should be 80 km/h, but you'll be doing over 120-140 kmh in some places. My cousin gets it in 5 hours in the middle of the night, but that's no fun at all for the passengers... fun for the driver, as he can pretend to be Colin McRae. That's with speeds peaking at 120-140 km/h in the mountains... nuts!

The advice of jake is perfect.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    the "Pansit Cabagan" is in Cabagan, Isabela, 2 towns after Ilagan going to Tuguegarao. You'll pass by the town of Tumauini ( that's my hometown), where you can find the only Church with a cylindrical tower. The eatery that serves pansit cabagan is FELICITA'S along the national highway just before the town proper of Cabagan. Mas marami pa yata sahog kaysa sa noodles. Surprisingly, this pansit is soo good with suka and sili. By the way pansit cabagan is available at WOK WITH JOE sa may Macapagal. The owner himself is from Cabagan.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    macapagal after roxas blvd? Ma-try nga yun!

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

5. Join Date
    May 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by niky
    Hehe... stop in Cauayan or Ilagan and have the "Pansit Cabagan"... sort of a yakisoba-ish type of pansit with lots of sauce.

*nigo: actually, for 6 hours, your average speed should be 80 km/h, but you'll be doing over 120-140 kmh in some places. My cousin gets it in 5 hours in the middle of the night, but that's no fun at all for the passengers... fun for the driver, as he can pretend to be Colin McRae. That's with speeds peaking at 120-140 km/h in the mountains... nuts!

The advice of jake is perfect.
    Yes, you can do 120 to 140 kph in some places but for how long? You'll be lucky if you can maintain a speed of 100kph for 5 minutes. Your cousin can do it in 5 hrs? He can do 120 - 140 kph in the mountains? Dalton Pass? Well, If you say so, no contest.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    120-140 kph. hindi pwede. Manila to Santiago City 5 1/2 to 6 hrs pag gabi e. sa dami ng trucking na bumibiyahe hindi ka makakapagpatakbo ng mabilis isama mo na yung road condition yun pang trapik from Sta. Rita hanggang San Jose. Manila to tuguegarao for 8 hrs. pwede if you take the Roxas/Gamu route.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    So, where is the half way point between those two cities, where we can spend the night. I'm not looking at any luxuries anemities, just a place to take a good night sleep. We're not planning to drive 10 hours straight, lets just say 6-7 hours of easy driving should make it thru halfway. And maybe stop at that place in where they serve good pancit or maybe a good Ilokano dishes.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by lakay
    So, where is the half way point between those two cities, where we can spend the night. I'm not looking at any luxuries anemities, just a place to take a good night sleep. We're not planning to drive 10 hours straight, lets just say 6-7 hours of easy driving should make it thru halfway. And maybe stop at that place in where they serve good pancit or maybe a good Ilokano dishes.
    as i have said for an enjoyable trip you will reach Solano before lunch if you start from manila (3-4AM) and your in the halfway. You can stop in Solano, Nueva Vizcaya for a good lunch. there are 2 resort with cottages that you can choose to stay-over-night aside from hotels. and if you want a side trip to banaue after lunch it takes only more than an hour for a joyful ride then back to Solano.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    I did it in 6 1/2 hours from Manila to Tumauini, 54 kms before
    Tuguegarao. That was during the early 80's, less traffic in Cabanatuan, di pa ga-langgam ang mga tricycle noon and the highway is not much commercialized. Diversion road noon(yung commercialized area ngayon) to make travel time to Cagayan Valley faster. But today, the earliest time you reach same destination is minimum 10 hours.Kaya tinatamad na ako umuwi. Sana gawa na ng expressway up to San Jose and for sure, 5-6 hours na lang travel time

10. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    hi guys. im from cauayan, isabela.

5hour road trip from manila to cauayan is possible. used to do it with 4 1/2hrs.
    but then the question came up to me one time when lotsa vehicles were in an accident for the whole trip, 4 accidents happened from manila to santa fe (mountain). Whats my hurry? Then i started to drive 7 to 8hours. which is the standard driving time from manila to cauayan. thank God ive never been in an accident. and fortunately realised i dont have to drive fast.

sir lakay- tuguegarao is around 9 to 10hours by private vehicles. remember to bring snacks(biscuits etc) and water or juices, just incase theres a landlslide in Santa Fe and you get stuck in traffic. check vehicle also before leaving manila. stop overs can be Cabanatuan City, dami food dun and resto like max or fastfood joints like mc do and such. next stop can be Santa Fe, sa mismong bayan, dami rin mga carinderia type resto dun. its the start of descending the mountain when you come from manila. its after pugad lawin. then next stop can be Santiago City or Cauayan City, lotsa food places to eat. then next stop is tuguegarao. use the Santiago, cauayan, ilagan tugue route not the santiago, cabatuan, roxas route, dami na sirang cement road dun. maaalog passengers ng vehicle. and the vehicle mismo.

good time to leave manila is 3am if weekdays, reason being umiiwas ka sa traffic ng bulacan and cabanatuan city pag school days, malupit traffic dun pag pasukan and umiwaan (7am and 5pm). and you get to see the scenery and ofcourse safe for you if may mechanical problems lalo na at di pa kayo sanay mag travel going to tuguegarao, you will be able to see the road better. ofcourse safety parin ang top priority.

hope this helps.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Manila to Tuguegarao