New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    I'm planning to come home this summer and thinking about making a trip to tuguegarao. Anyone know the route and how long would it take to drive. Thanks in advance.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    The Baliwag Transit bus ride used to take 10 hours with lots of stops back in 99. I'd imagine you could drive it straight for 6 or 7 hours.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    siguro kung early morning like 3AM ka aalis ng manila kaya ng 6hrs or less after ng N.E. wala na trapik.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    no matter how early you leave, driving will take you to tuguegarao for roughly 9-10 hours. Because of the road condition in bulacan if you take the sta rita exit, pangit and daan doon, i usually take San simon exit going to Cabiao N.E.. After Cabiao is San Isidro town, may left turn doon going to Jaen and then labas ka highway in San Ildefonso going to Cabanatuan. This route is slightly longer but faster.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by carlos
    no matter how early you leave, driving will take you to tuguegarao for roughly 9-10 hours. Because of the road condition in bulacan if you take the sta rita exit, pangit and daan doon, i usually take San simon exit going to Cabiao N.E.. After Cabiao is San Isidro town, may left turn doon going to Jaen and then labas ka highway in San Ildefonso going to Cabanatuan. This route is slightly longer but faster.
    I'm from Aparri Cagayan, Manila to Tuguegarao if you use a private car, it will
    take you an average of 8 hrs with 3 stops. But, during the rainy season, be careful with Dalton Pass because of slight mud slides.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    8 hours with three stops seems right. We did it with two stops before in that time.

If you're taking a van, plan on an 8-10 hour trip.

If you're taking a car, maybe 7-8 hours.

Once you know the route through the mountains, and are at least familiar with where those (*$&#^^* potholes are, 6 hours is possible... be careful in the mountains in Nueva... there are sections of road that are kind of rough, and we cut a tire on a sharp pothole there before. Still, it's a beautiful place to drive. If you're the type who likes greenery, plan your trip so that you pass through the area at around 7 am, so you can see the sights.

BTW, Manila to Tugegarao is around 500km. Buy a full tank before going because gas costs over a peso more once you get to Tugegarao.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

7. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    salamat mga kabayan, with that I guess might as well plan for a two day trip just to get tuguegarao. I'll take time for the scenery and maybe a night in baquio.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Baguio's off in the other direction. It's another 5 hour side trip from Tugegarao.

It'll only take one day to get to Tugegarao naman... and you should make it stick, as there aren't many places to stay along the way.

Enjoy!

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    hopefully it'll take 8-10 hrs. depending on the condition of traffic during the day trip, when passing by public markets expect a slight delay.

ingat and have a nice trip

10. Join Date
    May 2004
    My family is from Isabela and the last time I travelled from Isabela to Manila was 2003 and it took me 9 hrs. I used a nissan pick up and took 3 stop overs. From our place to Tuguegarao is about 2 1/2 hrs using not the maharlika highway but the new route which passes thru Aurora, Roxas, Kalinga Apayao, Enrile then Tuguegarao. With the traffic situation along Bulacan and Nueva Ecija, travel time could be at least 10 hrs with 2 stop overs. Baguio is about 6 to 7 hrs from our place using the Sn. Jose Pangasinan route, if you are coming from Cagayan add 2 more hrs, if you are going to use the Cagayan - Ilocos - La Union route it could be longer by 3 to 4 hrs. To reach Tuguegarao in 6 hrs, you have to drive at constant speed of at least 80kph non stop.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Manila to Tuguegarao