New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Washington Man Sues Pepsi for Harrier Jet

A disappointed TV viewer sued Pepsico for failure to provide the Harrier jet he thought he had won in the soft drink company's "Pepsi Stuff" ad campaign. The TV commercials in the campaign featured various apparel and leisure items that could be obtained in exchange for Pepsi Points. Pepsi Points were obtained through purchasing Pepsi products, or, if you read the fine print, could be purchased for ten cents each. The close of one commercial showed a teenager arriving at school in a Harrier Jet with a Pepsi logo on it and offered the jet for 7,000,000 Pepsi Points. Leonard accumulated 15 actual Pepsi Points and submitted them with a check for $700,008.50 to purchase the balance of Pepsi Points he needed for the Harrier Jet (and $10.00 for shipping and handling as per the contest rules). But, he received no Harrier Jet. He resubmitted his Pepsi Stuff order twice more. Still no jet. Leonard now has turned to the courts to redress the damages he will continue to suffer until his jet is delivered. His suits alleges specific performance, breach of contract, fraud, deceptive and unfair trade practices, and, finally, misleading advertising against the Purchase, N.Y. soft drink company. Pepsi reportedly filed a suit in New York to block Leonard's suit on the grounds that it is frivolous.
    based from just the facts above, i think the guy has a case.

http://www.courttv.com/archive/legal...ess/pepsi.html

2. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    wow...somebody is gonna be fired hehe

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    SO WHATEVER HAPPEND

to

The number fever

"349"

Meron ako isa for P100,000

4. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    oooooooooo!! someones *$$ is in trouble!! OA kase minsan ng mga ads nila grabe fineprint kahit mga 20/20 vision hindi mapapansin agad! lol

5. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    hmm... it seems like this case was filed a long time ago (1996)... i wonder if the guy really did get his harrier jet?

6. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    ^^Wala akong nabalitaan na ganyan.....
    Grabe rin itong Pepsico....

2601:kick:

7. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by bbt View Post
    hmm... it seems like this case was filed a long time ago (1996)... i wonder if the guy really did get his harrier jet?
    medyo na-pique din curiousity ko. Well, though the Leonard guy has a point, the court decided in favor of Pepsi. Baka malaki gift ng Pepsi dun sa Judge!

http://www.colawp.com/topics/1999/0802-en.html

8. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Harrier costs around $23,000,000. The court has ruled it was obvious that it's a joke to offer Harrier jet for PEPSI-points worth only $700,000.
    I want one, too, if I can afford it .

Last year, a decommissioned (ex-Royal Navy) Sea Harrier jump jet was in the adverts for approx. $40,000. It would've been more than a match for that London bloke who has his very own Soviet T-34 tank in his back garden .

9. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    PepsiCo's entire marketing department should be fired for that. :fire: And yes, a lot of people still remember the "349" scandal that PepsiCo committed here in the Philippines.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    $40,000 only for a Harrier Jet? sounds like a good deal. magkano kaya maintenance nito? hehehe

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
man sues Pepsi for Harrier jet