New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Man loses SUV to sneaky car thief in QC | Inquirer News

A man lost his sports utility vehicle after a thief slipped into the driver’s seat and drove off on Tuesday night in Quezon City.

A white 2009 Ford Everest with license plate NFI 228, registered to a certain Wilson Uy, was stolen by a lone carjacker in Pasong Putik village.

Police Officer 3 Danilo Tuscano, case investigator, said it was Uy’s son, Wilmer, 25, who reported the car theft, which happened at around 9 p.m., Tuesday, along Belfast Avenue.

Wilmer, a resident of New Manila, recalled that he was driving his father’s SUV that night when he heard a thud coming from behind.

This prompted him to stop, alight from the vehicle and check what the noise was.

Wilmer said he left the door open with the engine running and the key inserted.

As he was inspecting the vehicle, a man suddenly boarded the SUV, slammed the door shut and drove off, leaving Wilmer behind.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Sounds like the typical SOP of a bump-steal senario.... without a car to bump the target car.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Can be accomplished using a rock or a basketball.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    newbie mistake ... never stop in a deserted area.

If you have to stop to check, stop at a well-lighted and populated area like a gas service station.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    ginawa na din something similar sa subdivision ng mom ko before it was gated and closed off to public traffic. yun iba kasi, when they get home, iniiwan unlocked and running yung car while they open the gate. the carjacker would just wait for people who do this and then just get in the car and drive away. easy money.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by roninblade View Post
    ginawa na din something similar sa subdivision ng mom ko before it was gated and closed off to public traffic. yun iba kasi, when they get home, iniiwan unlocked and running yung car while they open the gate. the carjacker would just wait for people who do this and then just get in the car and drive away. easy money.

I never leave the keys in the ignition, even just to open the house gate.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    I didn't realise that a Ford Everest would be one of the cars thieves like. I know both the Fortuner and Montero Sport are also popular with car thieves. Any other popular cars?

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    before sa buendia corner slex, sa may riles ng tren, may nambabato din. pag huminto ka yari ka na, either carjacked or lilimasin lahat ng laman ng kotse mo sama na wallet mo and jewelry. i heard about it so i was always on the alert whenever i passed by there. by chance may nambato sa akin dun, day time pa yun. so i stopped, got out but i got my gun drawn, cocked and pointed at the perps who were already running towards my car. there were a few of them, siguro mga 5 or 6. nung nakita ang bengbeng takbuhan sila lahat. single pa ko nun, without a care in the world kaya medyo matapang pa. ngayon i don't even carry anymore.

after nung napatay dun yung nephew ni german moreno sinampulan ng mga pulis yung mga siga dun, saka lang natigil yung MO na yun. haaay squaters!

9. Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by yebo View Post
    before sa buendia corner slex, sa may riles ng tren, may nambabato din. pag huminto ka yari ka na, either carjacked or lilimasin lahat ng laman ng kotse mo sama na wallet mo and jewelry. i heard about it so i was always on the alert whenever i passed by there. by chance may nambato sa akin dun, day time pa yun. so i stopped, got out but i got my gun drawn, cocked and pointed at the perps who were already running towards my car. there were a few of them, siguro mga 5 or 6. nung nakita ang bengbeng takbuhan sila lahat. single pa ko nun, without a care in the world kaya medyo matapang pa. ngayon i don't even carry
    after nung napatay dun yung nephew ni german moreno sinampulan ng mga pulis yung mga siga dun, saka lang natigil yung MO na yun. haaay squaters!
    Sila nga yun mga nakatira dati sa pagitan ng 2 riles,what will you expect from them,naka pag aalaga pa ng mga manok na panabong,baka kasali pa sa derby sa araneta,kalaban ni Patrick Antonio :thumbdown:

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    The kid is still lucky as they only took the car and did not harm or bring him along.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast