New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    there goes the fatty again. What the f***!

2. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by mazdamazda View Post
    A mutatation of what cutedoc said:

I wonder why this Malu Fernandez issue has generated more *buzz* than say more important matters like the UP student who gets killed by a fraternity hazing incident. Yes, he is D-E-A-D if you didn't read it right the first time.

Why am I not seeing the same level of hate/criticism/etc. now against this Sigma Rho fraternity? Inaamag nga yung fraternity thread if you guys didn't notice.

i wouldnt say one issue is more important than the other. both are equally important. a lot of OFWs already died and a lot more is being abused today.

one blogger at an ANC show said that the reason there is an outrage against fernandez is because of respect or the lack thereof given to OFWs. beyond the statistics (amount of $$$$ brought in our country), have we given them due respect? what did the OFWs do to fernandez to get this kind of treatment?

with all due respect to the UP student (may he rest in peace), if your going to join a frat, you should know before hand what your going into.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by fourtheboys96 View Post
    i wouldnt say one issue is more important than the other. both are equally important. a lot of OFWs already died and a lot more is being abused today.

one blogger at an ANC show said that the reason there is an outrage against fernandez is because of respect or the lack thereof given to OFWs. beyond the statistics (amount of $$$$ brought in our country), have we given them due respect? what did the OFWs do to fernandez to get this kind of treatment?
    with all due respect to the UP student (may he rest in peace), if your going to join a frat, you should know before hand what your going into.
    I know this is OT but I want to respond to this post. In my opinion, our beloved OFWs gets more accolades than us ordinary working citizens within the country. We also pay our taxes and I think we somehow contribute to the growth of this country, but we were never called modern day heroes. In fact, OFWs gets more attention from the government. I'm not bad mouthing OFWs here, my dad is an OFW in Saudi but he never felt na sya ay kinakawawa.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    The Sigma Rhoans haven't issued a statement (and I doubt if they ever will) to present their side, so there's little fodder for the public to feed upon. Whereas Malu issued a high-handed, I'm-rich-while-my-detractors-are-poor-and-uneducated" rejoinder. Which added more fuel to the fire.

Everything is relative, I guess, which is why tsikoteers paid more attention to Malu than the dead UP student. As I pointed out in that thread, he knew the consequences of joining a frat, so he's not entirely blameless. Have the OFW's done anything to Malu to merit her condescending attitude? I don't think wearing Axe or Charlie cologne is a crime, even to people from the upper crust. She generalized a sector of society to whom we owe a lot as smelly and disgusting, so its really no wonder at all why she's infamous. Her beef against OFW's hit real close to home, which triggered a lot of hostile reactions.

know this is OT but I want to respond to this post. In my opinion, our beloved OFWs gets more accolades than us ordinary working citizens within the country.
    The accolades to OFWs are empty. The ones who are really suffering are the ones who work menial jobs abroad, and they constitute the majority. Api na nga abroad, siguro dapat dito ituring naman nating mga bayani. I'm lucky that my father was a Senior Structural Engineer, and even during the early 80's, his basic salary was a whole lot more than what the average OFW is receiving today.
    Last edited by Galactus; August 31st, 2007 at 05:42 PM.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Once bastos, always bastos... ehehe...

If she so high-class... why not fly first class to avoid the "seventh level of hell"? Uh... cuz she can't afford it? Wahehehehe...

Btw, kung ayaw nya makasama mga OFW sa airport... why not go to the VIP lounge? Cuz she can't! Nyahahahaha...

Stoopid social climbers...

6. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    O nga naman. paano naman ung mga hindi nag abroad?

we all work our asses off here the same way OFWs work their asses off abroad.

Their purpose to work abroad is not to help the country. Ask any OFW... their purpose is to help themselves and their dependents, not help the country.

It just so happened the money they send home benefitted the country.

It's a good side effect that wasnt really the purpose.

Then the govt realized how big a deal OFW remittances is and celebrated the OFW phenomena.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    [SIZE=3]May I suggest to our good moderators that this thread be closed to put an end to this topic. We OFW'S and some concerned citizens have expressed our grievances and hurt feelings from this careless, arrogant, feeling diva and useless writer. We are just giving her a publicity as well as the publication where she is writing.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]to Imau It is really hard to compare people working in our country from the OFW's. As we all know ofws have a great significance in our nation because we are the one keeping our country afloat with dollar from our remittances[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]Maybe our government can call you as obedient Citizens since you are paying your due taxes. Are you really paying your correct taxes? Well our government may call you as a “modern Hero” but not as a Bagong Bayani..[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]You are lucky coz you have a father like him, he really loves you so much.. he doesn’t want you to worry and just keep to himself what he feels as an OFW. [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]You are like my family thinking that my life here is ok without problems. They say my life here is easy coz I am just chatting, reading tsikot and surfing the internet.[/SIZE]

8. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by mazdamazda View Post
    A mutatation of what cutedoc said:

I wonder why this Malu Fernandez issue has generated more *buzz* than say more important matters like the UP student who gets killed by a fraternity hazing incident. Yes, he is D-E-A-D if you didn't read it right the first time.

Why am I not seeing the same level of hate/criticism/etc. now against this Sigma Rho fraternity? Inaamag nga yung fraternity thread if you guys didn't notice.
    kasi short memory karamihan sa mga kapatid natin na indios

9. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Enough had been said. I-close na lang itong thread.

Mga kapwa ko OFWs, tama na ito. Tahimik na lang tayo.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    mga OFW tsikoteers... although marami nasaktan sa mga binitiwang salita ni Malu... dont worry... marami pa ding sumasaludo sa inyo... isa na ako duon and the rest of the tsikoteers...

Mabuhay po kayo.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast