New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    I understand that culture thing. However, IMO it does not follow that all graduates of these top schools have that "culture" thing engrained in their personality. I've a co-consultant here who's a graduate of UP and all of his co-workers agree that he is a certified, 100% *$$hole.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by nicolodeon View Post
    I understand that culture thing. However, IMO it does not follow that all graduates of these top schools have that "culture" thing engrained in their personality. I've a co-consultant here who's a graduate of UP and all of his co-workers agree that he is a certified, 100% *$$hole.
    Yah although not most of them. But for those who are have this 'I am better that most of you because I am a graduate of <one of the top 5 univ.>' mentality.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    It boggles my mind that after 10 years of experience, school pa rin ang hinahanap nung HR na yun.

Kung ganun ka narrow-minded yung HR na yun, they can go screw themselves!

Parang incompetent din yung HR na yun ah... if the applicant has 10 years of experience, the school they came from is irrelevant already. Ako I don't even put my school on my resume (even if it's UP...) kasi *cough cough* di po ako nagtapos.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    In our organization here in the company, I've always maintained the philosophy that there is "strength in diversity". However, I make sure that the engineer/s we're hiring has/have the technical capability, the drive to excel and the right attitude for the nature of work that we're doing. Even with different backgrounds, our TEAM is working cohesively to hit/exceed our goals.

Kaso, wala akong engineer or manager ngayon na galing sa university kung saan ako nag-graduate.....

BTW, all my managers, including myself, completed our MBA in one of the better business schools in the country....

3303:shocked:

5. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    That's why there are people who send their kids to the most outrageously expensive schools in the world.

They see the harsh reality of life. They know it's unfair out their. They dont go around protesting the unfairness. It's a given. That's the given playing field.

So they have to do everything they can to provide their offspring with better chances of survival.

That's why poor people cant get out of poverty. They cant compete with those who have resources.

Exactly like nature diba? Darwinian natural selection.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by uls View Post
    That's why there are people who send their kids to the most outrageously expensive schools in the world.

They see the harsh reality of life. They know it's unfair out their. They dont go around protesting the unfairness. It's a given. That's the given playing field.

So they have to do everything they can to provide their offspring with better chances of survival.

That's why poor people cant get out of poverty. They cant compete with those who have resources.

Exactly like nature diba? Darwinian natural selection.
    Naalala ko tuloy ang sabi sa amin noong orientation namin during our Freshman year sa College, years ago.....

"Education in this university is an investment...."

3303:shocked:

7. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Naaawa ako sa mga parents na nagpupumilit ipaaral nila mga anak nila sa neverheard-hole-in-the-wall schools.

Dami mga iskul bukol na nagsulputan lalo na dito sa metro manila. Mga vacant floors ng buildings nirerent tapos may malaking sign "College of ________"

Wawa naman mga students and parents na kumagat sa ganun.

If im a resource-limited parent, di ko na papaaralin sa college ang anak ko. Ipaaral ko nalang mag welding.

Or ipaaral ko nalang mag mekaniko or auto electrical.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Madami kasing maangas na bata ngayon, ayaw mag welding or auto electrical.

Ako naman my approach is different: try to get them into the best public schools you can. I went through public schools my entire life, a bunch of forgettable elementary schools, Philippine Science, and UP.

Yun nga lang it's tough to get into the latter two.. (not THAT tough) pero kung di kaya ng kid ko.. i-di-disown ko sila!! hahaha

Quote Originally Posted by uls View Post
    Naaawa ako sa mga parents na nagpupumilit ipaaral nila mga anak nila sa neverheard-hole-in-the-wall schools.

Dami mga iskul bukol na nagsulputan lalo na dito sa metro manila. Mga vacant floors ng buildings nirerent tapos may malaking sign "College of ________"

Wawa naman mga students and parents na kumagat sa ganun.

If im a resource-limited parent, di ko na papaaralin sa college ang anak ko. Ipaaral ko nalang mag welding.

Or ipaaral ko nalang mag mekaniko or auto electrical.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Common ang school discrimination sa atin. Our househelp has a brother who graduated with Education degree from a univ in Visayas. He tried applying in Manila and no one bothered to schedule him for an interview. I think nag-apply na lang sya as security guard. He studied for 4 years, has a college degree pero hindi din nya magamit.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    well ya, kids these days dont wanna get their hands dirty... kahit jobless ang magulang.

matuto nalang sila mag english, para di madumihan ang mag kamay.
    Last edited by uls; July 24th, 2007 at 12:04 PM.

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
malaki ba talaga effect kung saan ka nagtapos