New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    hindi ba isa sa mga rights ng leader ng isang bansa yan na kapag namatay sila e ililibing sila sa libingan ng mga Bayani? correct me if im wrong.. I know bata pa ko nung umupo si marcos sa pwesto but from what i remembered e maganda ang economy ng pinas nung time na yun compare to the present time or even after syang patalsikin. prang ang mga veteran diba isa sa mga rights din nila yun o privilege lang ba? If they want to bury (sp?) marcos sa libingan ng mga bayani then let them do it.
    Last edited by gwapito69; July 28th, 2005 at 12:04 PM.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by yebo
    about time for what?

you can be a hero during the war but that is expected of all filipinos at that time. to not be a hero during world war II is cowardly and even treasonous. so what was it that marcos did during the war that is so special that countless others did not? NONE!

but marcos ceased to be that hero when he took advantage of the power that the people he was purported to serve lent to him. he abused, stoled, imprisoned and murdered his people. what ever heroism he attributes to himself had been negated by his actions when he was president. he does not deserve to be buried at the libingan ng mga bayani where true heroes rest in peace and triumph!
    well said, sir yebo.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    malamang flip flap uli palasyo dine.
    I remember erap tried din na gawin ito eh pero later on binawi rin.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by missZ
    well don't get me wrong,i said it's about time not because of what he did or what he did not do for the Philippines.He was a President.with that being said don't you think that was a good enough reason which entitles him to be buried at "Libingan ng mga Bayani" which I think was supposed to take place 16 years ago.
    not all presidents were buried in libingan ng mga bayani. if that's your analogy, then we shoud buried erap and gloria too in that place when they die. sus ginoo! payag lang ako na ilibing sila sa lugar na yon basta palitan lang nila pangalan - libingan ng mga kurakot, sinungaling and criminal
    Last edited by explorer; July 28th, 2005 at 12:34 PM.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    hhmn..yeah you got me thinking.thanks for your input but i checked out the site for facts to back my sh*t up and this is what i found:

The Libingan ng mga Bayani (LNMB) was established by law to serve as the national pantheon "to perpetuate the memory of all presidents of the Philippines, national heroes and patriots for the inspiration and emulation of this generation and generations still unborn."

Under the rules, the remains of the following deceased persons are qualified and therefore authorized to be interred in the Libingan ng mga Bayan (LNMB)i:

Medal of valor awardees
    Presidents or commanders-in-chief of AFP
    Secretaries of national defense
    Chiefs of staff, AFP
    General flag officers of the AFP
    Active and retired military personnel of the AFP
    Veterans of Philippine Revolution 1896, WW1, WW2 and recognized guerillas
    Government dignitaries, statesmen, national artists, and other deceased persons whose interment or reinterment has been approved by the commander-in-chief, Congress or Secretary of National Defense.
    Former presidents, secretaries of defense, CSAFP, generals, flag officers, dignitaries, statesmen, national artists, widows of former presidents, secretaries of national defense and chief of staff are authorized to be interred at the LNMB.
    Last edited by tinky; July 28th, 2005 at 12:40 PM.

6. Join Date
    May 2005
    .. pwede na rin siguro ofw .. tutal ... sila ang "bagong bayani" ..

.. (very lame joke .. must get life) ..

7. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    di ba me issue na baka, and i emphasize the word baka, peke ung war records ni makoy?

8. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    sabi na nga ba e rights nila yun e... So kahit anong sabihin ng taong bayan e walang silbi kasi yan ang karapatan nila. kahit sabihin pa nating puro kurakot at walang nagawang maganda ang presidente. ang payo ko lang e live your life to the fullest kung ano gusto nilang gawin sa mga patay sila ng bahala ang dapat problemahin ng mga opisyal ng gubyerno e ang pag unlad ng pilipinas.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by missZ
    hhmn..yeah you got me thinking.thanks for your input but i checked out the site for facts to back my sh*t up and this is what i found:

The Libingan ng mga Bayani (LNMB) was established by law to serve as the national pantheon "to perpetuate the memory of all presidents of the Philippines, national heroes and patriots for the inspiration and emulation of this generation and generations still unborn."

Under the rules, the remains of the following deceased persons are qualified and therefore authorized to be interred in the Libingan ng mga Bayan (LNMB)i:

Medal of valor awardees
    Presidents or commanders-in-chief of AFP
    Secretaries of national defense
    Chiefs of staff, AFP
    General flag officers of the AFP
    Active and retired military personnel of the AFP
    Veterans of Philippine Revolution 1896, WW1, WW2 and recognized guerillas
    Government dignitaries, statesmen, national artists, and other deceased persons whose interment or reinterment has been approved by the commander-in-chief, Congress or Secretary of National Defense.
    Former presidents, secretaries of defense, CSAFP, generals, flag officers, dignitaries, statesmen, national artists, widows of former presidents, secretaries of national defense and chief of staff are authorized to be interred at the LNMB.

if that is the law then, Marcos has every right to be buried there.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by yebo
    about time for what?

you can be a hero during the war but that is expected of all filipinos at that time. to not be a hero during world war II is cowardly and even treasonous. so what was it that marcos did during the war that is so special that countless others did not? NONE!

but marcos ceased to be that hero when he took advantage of the power that the people he was purported to serve lent to him. he abused, stoled, imprisoned and murdered his people. what ever heroism he attributes to himself had been negated by his actions when he was president. he does not deserve to be buried at the libingan ng mga bayani where true heroes rest in peace and triumph!

if there is a law on banning leaders with shady past on the libingan ng mga
    bayani, then by all means.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Malacanang to allow Marcos burial at Libingan ng mga Bayani