New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    bakit di na lang nationwide ang restrictions?
    sa village namin, hanggang 9PM, pwede "umatungal" as per HOA, pero, marami pa ring makakapal ang mukha! kahit dis-oras na ng gabi, nambubulahaw pa.

Happy singing hours in Makati are over | ABS-CBN News | Latest Philippine Headlines, Breaking News, Video, Analysis, Features

MANILA, Philippines – The Makati City government is regulating the use of the popular Filipino pastime videoke and similar amplified audio devices in the city’s residential areas to minimize noise pollution.

Through City Ordinance No. 2011-019 signed by Mayor Jejomar Erwin “Junjun” Binay, residents are not allowed to cause “excessive, unnecessary or unusually loud sound” within residences and on the streets, which “annoys, disturbs, injures or endangers the comfort, health, peace or safety of others within the city.”

The latter includes the “operating, playing or permitting the operation or playing of any radio, cd player, television sets, amplified musical instrument, drums, loudspeaker, videoke or karaoke system, or other sound producing device in such manner or with such volume so as to annoy the quiet and comfort of a reasonable person of normal sensitivities in any dwelling or residence; or with louder volume than is necessary for convenient hearing of the persons who are in the place in which such device is operated.”

It allows residents to use the systems on the street within “acceptable” limits from Monday to Sunday until midnight only.

The residents should file an application for permit with the barangay chief 5 days before the actual date of function. The application should contain the following: the nature of the intended activity, the type of audio device to be used, the specific location where the device will be used, and the period of time during which the device will be operated.

Restricted areas include any location within 200 meters of a school or place of worship, during the hours of school or worship, or within 200 meters of any hospital or other institutions caring for the sick or infirm.

The systems should also be restricted in areas where it will pose serious hazard to the safety and comfort of pedestrians or motorists.

Barangay authorities, who will implement the ordinance, shall first issue a verbal order. If the violation is deemed excessive, they may already file charges.

Violators shall be penalized with a fine of P1, 000 or imprisonment of not more than six months, or both.

Binay said the ordinance seeks to protect Makati residents from serious discomfort and health hazards posed by the unregulated use of videokes, karaokes and amplified sound systems.

The ordinance was made after the city government noticed that videoke sessions had become a common sight in some residential areas around the city.

Binay added that loud videoke sessions have also caused disputes among neighbors.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Bakit hindi pa iimplement yan sa QC ?

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    The systems should also be restricted in areas where it will pose serious hazard to the safety and comfort of pedestrians or motorists.

Read more: http://tsikot.com/forums/miscellaneo...#ixzz1Q0gmqYbq

Hmmm, they should apply these during election time... especially when political candidates feel it's alright to build stages in the middle of busy roads.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    this should be a nationwide law with stiffer cash penalties; yung ibang tao kasi walang pakialam dahil paminsan-minsan lang daw tapos pag nagreklamo ka ikaw pa masama.

although maximum incarceration of 6 months is too much i think - max of 6 weeks should be enough.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    Hmmm, they should apply these during election time... especially when political candidates feel it's alright to build stages in the middle of busy roads.
    During the 2007 elections, I couldn't enter my street because a candidate for mayor (who is now a national-level official *wink*wink*) staged a Miting de Avance right at the entrance to the said street. It was already 10 pm, and I was up for the past 36 hours since we just had a major application deplyment. There was no available parking space within four blocks, so I had no choice but to leave and sleep in a hotel. It was quite an expensive night's sleep, but it was a good decision because the MdA and corresponding party afterwards ended at past 2 or 3 am.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2005

Kaya kapag may itinatayong structure dito sa tapat ng aming opisina during the campaign period.... Uwian na kami ng maaga... Mahirap nang maipit pa....

13.6K:painting:

7. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Wow bat makati lang.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    pag may b-day, iba-block yung street at doon magka-karaoke, till the wee hours of the morning.
    o di ba.....isumbong mo sana kay chairman, kaso, andun din, nakanta.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    This should be a Metro Manila-wide law. God knows how long we've tolerated horrid, out-of-tune singing by idiotic drunkards.

If I had my way, I would also remove those stupid street basketball courts and baranggay stage shows.

10. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    dapat dito din sa valenzuela ganyan

pag umangal yung may ari, confiscate yung videoke

at...............

shoot to kill

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Makati: No more loud videoke singing in the neighborhood