New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by oldblue
    for me 3% profit is ok kung halos di naman pagtatrabaho yan, oil eh it doesn't need marketing, research, etc. kahit nasa europe ako o nasa america alam ko mauubos ang inventory ko kung may-ari man ako ng oil company or gasoline station.
    1. invest a few hundred million $ for new refineries / upgrades
    2. buy crude oil from the gulf or singapore
    3. transport oil on huge oil tankers
    4. process oil on one of those multi million $ refineries
    5. distribute gasoline from batanggas / bataan to the rest of the philippines
    6. setup multi million gasoline station
    7. pay for overhead expenses
    8. sell gasoline at the pump

no sweat ain't it?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by theveed
    Another Philippine parody...

Bawal kumita ang kumpanya...
    +1

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ang dali nga magkaroon ng oil company, kaya kanto-kanto may backyard refinery and processing plant sa buong mundo.... [/sarcasm] hehe

4. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by mazdamazda
    1. invest a few hundred million $ for new refineries / upgrades
    2. buy crude oil from the gulf or singapore
    3. transport oil on huge oil tankers
    4. process oil on one of those multi million $ refineries
    5. distribute gasoline from batanggas / bataan to the rest of the philippines
    6. setup multi million gasoline station
    7. pay for overhead expenses
    8. sell gasoline at the pump

no sweat ain't it?
    well sabi nga 3% is net profit, what they take home and it's already in billions. the other 97% of that they still have or at least part of it. if 3% is in billions then the gross in trillions. wow! dami pera panlaro. and the 97% perhaps partly covers #1 to #8.

if I had 50% of that gross say now, and end of the month pa bayaran ng bills, I can do hell of a lot investing with billions. hehehe imagine money not mine (alotted for overhead) but can be used to be invest in short term like weeks or days before the month's end. it's like cash withdrawable in credit cards, if I have 100k cash withdrawable and automatically charged 6% upon withdrawal, then I use the cash to purchase 10 nano ipods that I will sell within a week at 12% profit. pagdating ng end of month, bayad ako principal ng 100k + 6% interest. and I get to keep 6% pa with no money invested on my part.

yan ang sarap lalo pag billions and best thing of all with oil, hindi ako mamomorblema ng old stocks or even depreciation. ubos pa din yan regardless. sure money, sure sell.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by bardigones
    ot: maybe because unlike the text messages, yung sa fuel - may domino effect. taasan karamihan ng consumer goods.
    Yeah, but, most text messages are useless! 40 texts worth of cheesy love quotes and bad green jokes won't get me (or some goods) 15 kms away, whereas 40 pesos worth of fuel (with the right vehicle) might. People don't realise that while they're spending a lot for necessities, they're spending a WHOLE LOT on luxuries. Same goes for kids (even the "poor" ones) who'd rather blow the same amount for two hours of CS/DotA/or whatever new online game there is.

P.S. Cellphones, no matter how "integrated" it is in Pinoy pop culture, are still a luxury. You'd be surprised how well you could get around without one.
    Last edited by Alpha_One; May 11th, 2006 at 09:07 AM.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by mazdamazda
    PLDT had a net income of P34 billion last 2005. More than all the "evil" local oil companies combined!

So why isn't anyone complaining about the huge profits of PLDT, San Miguel (P9 billion), Ayala (P8 billion), SM (P12 billion), Globe (P10 billion), BPI (P8 billion), etc.?

3%? That's paltry compared to the net income / sales percentage of some companies out here.
    On that basis, PLDT must be about 7 times eviler than the oil firms!

Oh wait, all those companies above are "maka-masa" because they provide beer and text messaging! They CAN'T be evil! </double standard>

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    well sabi nga 3% is net profit, what they take home and it's already in billions. the other 97% of that they still have or at least part of it. if 3% is in billions then the gross in trillions. wow! dami pera panlaro. and the 97% perhaps partly covers #1 to #8.

yan ang sarap lalo pag billions and best thing of all with oil, hindi ako mamomorblema ng old stocks or even depreciation. ubos pa din yan regardless. sure money, sure sell.
    gross is in trillions? the article did that the gross sales is just around P190 billion.

btw, you are also not taking into considering liabilities... for 2004, petron's liabilities is around P40 billion. the P5 billion net income now seems like chump change compared to their liabilities.

if I had 50% of that gross say now, and end of the month pa bayaran ng bills, I can do hell of a lot investing with billions. hehehe imagine money not mine (alotted for overhead) but can be used to be invest in short term like weeks or days before the month's end. it's like cash withdrawable in credit cards, if I have 100k cash withdrawable and automatically charged 6% upon withdrawal, then I use the cash to purchase 10 nano ipods that I will sell within a week at 12% profit. pagdating ng end of month, bayad ako principal ng 100k + 6% interest. and I get to keep 6% pa with no money invested on my part.
    big companies don't operate like that.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha_One
    On that basis, PLDT must be about 7 times eviler than the oil firms!

Oh wait, all those companies above are "maka-masa" because they provide beer and text messaging! They CAN'T be evil! </double standard>
    LMAO!!!!

in the same vein "iboto natin si president (insert name here), kumakain na nakakamay e at sinubuan pa yung matandang mama. ibig sabihin mabait syang tao. kung mabait syang tao, di mangungurakot yan. tsaka sabi nya tulungan nya yung mga mahihirap e (kahit na walang concrete steps kung pano)"

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    btw... Saudi Aramco / Petron is mulling the construction of a new refinery in Mindanao to serve Asia Pacific... it'll cost just around $5 billion.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    what does it mean when he says "net profit"? does that 3% refer to margin (revenue - cost of sales), PTI (pretax income), or net income?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Local firms making HUGE profits...