New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2006
    According to a relative's doctor, kailangan na niya ng liver transplant. Hindi pa naman nakakukuha ng 2nd opinion, pero mabuti ng makakuha ng inputs habang maaga. Anyway, baka may mga kakilala kayong dumaan na sa ganitong proseso? Baka may idea kayo kung sinong doctor ang humawak, magkano, saang hospital at kumusta ang outcome?

May nagsabi samin na sa China ipagawa, mas madali kasing humanap ng donor dun. Year 2000 ~$35,000, nakipatanong na kami kung magkano sa ngayon.

Many thanks.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i think sa Taiwan ang may malaking success rate sa mga liver transplants. and nasa USD30-40K nga ang gastos.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    wow ang mahal. if you dont mind, pano ba nag-fail ang liver?

4. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    You can inquire and have a second opinion to IM-Gastro doctor.
    We have a Center for Liver Diseases here at St. Luke's Med. Center.

*oldblue: liver failure comes from fatty liver to Hepa A or B,
    to cirrhosis (a chronic disease, esp of alcoholics) and worst cancer.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    i agree with xto: inquire ka po dito sa amin sa st. luke's medical center, i think successful naman po hope makatulong.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Liver Transplant?

I've read that South Africa pioneered this kind of operation.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I had a relative who we went thorugh with this 2-3 yrs ago, he was confined sa st lukes, I think the amount was P2-3M for a liver transplant, the family was willing to go thought with it, but thew doctor said that parang out of 10 isa lang ang naging succesful, and by that time comatose na rin yun pinsan ko..so pinabyaan na lang,btw, he was just 35 yrs old then...

8. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    One good thing about the liver is that it is the only internal organ that can regenerate.

So kahit i-donate mo pa ang 2/3 ng liver mo, the remaining 1/3 can regenerate itself. Usually, close relatives ang pwedeng mag-donate. But depending on the gravity of the disease (and the competence of the surgeon/hospital staff), malaki ang chance of success

9. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    a lot of us are too concerned with our "heart" and our "liver" is always taken for granted. i have essential hypertension and im glad that im able to deal with it. but recently, my doctor found out that there's too much fat in my liver, so have to stop my maintenance tablets(for bp) and take food supplements for my liver. after two mos, the fat was reduced 50%.but still have to continue for few more mos until it reach a certain level.
    so now i learned how important is our liver.
    He cited me the case of former senator Rene Cayetano who has undergone transplant but still was unsuccessfull.
    im not an alcohol drinker, but the food here in china has too much oil, spicies and preservatives.
    kaya ingat din guys.

10. Join Date
    May 2006
    Malaking tulong ang website na ito: http://chinatransplants.info/

Ganyan mismo ang kwento ng isang kakilala. May mga agencies, pero since pera pera na talaga ang siste ng transplant, $120,000 na ang singilan.

Baka may idea kayo kung ano ang survival rate ng St. Luke's?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Liver Transplant