New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    nung bago pa ko magmaneho.. dati ang nalilimutan ko lang ung lock ng kotse..hehe

ung sa ilaw ko.. may auto-switch off na.. battery saver function.. really nice.. ung sa hazard lang ang wala.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    hazard once. saka minan ung dome light. hindi pa naman na ubos battery ko.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    nangyari sa kabarkada ko yan nung college. naiwan niyang bukas yung headlamps. nadiskarga battery, so i had to literally go offroad using our lancer (hehehehehe) to be able to get close to his parking spot and hook up the jumper cables.

kakaaliw talaga. drowsy kasi yung kabarkada ko that time due to his medication kaya bangag at nalimutan na yung ilaw. :D

4. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    sa Corolla nangyari yun naiwan ko bukas yun headlight. Saya ko nga nung may alarm yun E36 for the lights e, ilan beses na din ako na bbuzzer. It was just interesting to see 4 cars that have their hazard lights left on in one parking area dun sa tapat ng Promenade.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by seonadancing
    Nung last weekend may nakita ako 4 na kotse na nakaiwan ng hazzard lights nilang bukas sa parking lot in greenhills. I have been in the same situation before, twice na nga na naiwan ko headlights ko bukas and ubos battery ko pag balik. Kayo ba?
    Our 1995 Ford Contour SE and 1991 Plymouth Laser do the same. Leave on the a/c, lights, etc and the battery gets drained.

But, our 2006 Sonata cuts the power to those electrical devices whenever the ignition is turned off. The sensors for the automatic headlights and the red open-door warning lights do retain power. But, they hardly use any power.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    nangyari sa akin yan at bumabagyo pa. napansin ng dati kong officemate na bukas yung lights ko. tinext ako tas nung bumalik na ako sa parking drained na battery ko. buti na lang mabait talaga yung dating officemate ko pinahiram muna battery nya to startup my engine.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by jim
    nangyari sa akin yan at bumabagyo pa. napansin ng dati kong officemate na bukas yung lights ko. tinext ako tas nung bumalik na ako sa parking drained na battery ko. buti na lang mabait talaga yung dating officemate ko pinahiram muna battery nya to startup my engine.
    Hi Jim. Medyo OT ito. But, I noticed you're from Imus, Cavite. I just wanted to know if Jesus Good Shepherd School still exists. Thanks.....

8. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by seonadancing
    sa Corolla nangyari yun naiwan ko bukas yun headlight. Saya ko nga nung may alarm yun E36 for the lights e, ilan beses na din ako na bbuzzer. It was just interesting to see 4 cars that have their hazard lights left on in one parking area dun sa tapat ng Promenade.
    Nakaka-taranta lang yung buzzer ... The first time I heard it, I had this feeling that somehow it's a self-destruct warning Good thing they replaced it with a beeper on a more pleasant tone on the next series

Hindi pa naman nangyari sa akin na naiwan ko lights - even with older cars, pero ilang beses na ring nadiskargahan ng baterya dahil sa ibang problema.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by resmile
    most of new models has this feature na. designers have realized that this is one of the common errors ng drivers, so they put the buzzer for error-proofing.

our Mazda 323 also has this feature to warn that the park/head lights are still on.

though I've left my map lights on a few times already...

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    There was one time during the mid-90s, I was going to work sabay ang lakas talaga ng ulan and had to open my headlights. As I parked and walked towards the office, I also noticed a lot of parked cars left their headlights open. Sabi ko sa sarili ko, kawawa naman sila.

After work, my friend called me up asking assistance because he too left his headlights open so he needs a battery boost. So I went to my car only to find out that I too left my headlights open! But I know my car, it only needs one turn and it will fire up. I started it and waited the motor to turn, and when it did, it fired up. I had to leave my car running for about 5 mins just to charge the battery again and gave my friend a battery boost.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Lights On, Lights Off