New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Aug 2015
    life hacks thread

i dunno if there's a similar topic/thread, please do call me out kung meron.

Let's help each other out, post your hacks/advice, anything and everything under the sun.

for me:

-bank mobile apps. But this one from BPI is very convenient. Transfer to any BPI account, covers most utilities, real time din. no longer have to queue sa banko lalo for Midshifters like me na hapon na ang gising.

-use credit instead of debit cards. not really hack but more of an advice. everytime you use that debit card its your money at risk of scams, skimmers, hackers. Credit on the other hand is the bank's money. pag may fraudulent transaction, they will take it way more seriously.

-use your SSS and pag-ibig loans. pag employed kayo napakaliit lang kaltas nyan bi-monthly. pag di nyo ginamit baka ma hack pa ng iba yan. marami na naging biktima nyan.

-kung adik sa starbucks bumili ng sariling spill proof mug. php5 off nakatulong ka pa sa environment.

-ang bote shampoo nilalagyan ko ng tubig. malinis pa rin naman buhok ko mabula din naman. that is kung naka aircon ka all the way (bahay, kotse, opis)

-most people associate confidence with brilliance. be confident always. confidence almost always trumps knowledge.

-people tend to agree to a smaller favor if they deny a larger one or two at first. door in the face effect

-people who have done you a favor have a greater chance to grant you a bigger one later on. foot in the door effect.

-ung ibang handle ng screw driver pwede ipasok sa butas ng wrench if when you need more torque

-hot water will help you fix a dent sa auto mo with the help of konting tulak from the other side of the dent.

-clear nail polish your shirt buttons para di matanggal.

-when dealing with customer service wag beastmode or alpha male agad. be respectful and ask for options nicely. these people are inclined to give you the absolute bare minimum pag kups ka.

-if may request ka i-frame mo as a choice. hindi ba pag may ipinagawa ka sa mekaniko at nagbigay sya ng presyo tumatawad ka? pero pag sinabi nya kayo na bahala ang tendency pwede syang makakuha ng mas malaki.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2015
    for office dwellers, some tech hacks you may not know about

-Alt + printscreen only prints the active window (top most) in your cluttered windows. No more cropping.

-Adding ".LOG" (case sensitive ata) to the first line of your notepad adds the timestamp for your notes everytime you hit F5. this can be useful for IT people like me that need exact minutes of when they performed something.