New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Anybody from tsikot.com wants to pool our resources for whatever help we can give? I always do it with Red Cross/ Catholic Relief, but Im just wonderin' if it's about time somebody will take the initiative from this forum...

2. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    i live close to the place and so i know wats exactly the culprit of that tragedy. yah, dats true logging should be blamed in the first place kc nga though we say 2wks of raining caused erosion that tends the mountain to give up...kung napupuno yung lugar na yun sa mga puno cguro nga di naman ganun ka grabe maging aftermath niya db? dahil sa logging pati mga kabataan nadadamay. dati sa bayan namin mismo yung area ng logging and it was stopped just recently lng mga late 90's kaya indi pa naka recover bukid natin dun.... soooo sad and am deeply affected with the incidents! sana naman mabago na sistema ng gobyerno natin mabigyan naman ng importansiya ang mga maliliit gaya namin....

tenks po sa inyo...nakikiramay din ako sa mga pamilya na apektuhan!....kami po d2 sa norway feeling sad and disappointed sa news.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by imprezawrxsti
    Anybody from tsikot.com wants to pool our resources for whatever help we can give? I always do it with Red Cross/ Catholic Relief, but Im just wonderin' if it's about time somebody will take the initiative from this forum...
    i'm all for that...

4. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    we help and blame at the same time. let's be noisy about it. tayong pinoy madaling makalimot. nanagyari na yan dati sa ormoc, they blame the loggers. but what happenned now, then nasundan pa. we all forgot the incident. we should have a long term plan about it and one way to keep the issue alive is not to be silent.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Let us pray for our poor kababayans and their families... may God give them peace and whatever in this time of need

6. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    ^^amen...

wag na lang kayong magpadala ng donations, mapupunta lang yan sa mga ukay-ukay

the disaster is confined to a small locality so pre-stocked relief goods are more than enough

7. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by Zxho
    wag na lang kayong magpadala ng donations, mapupunta lang yan sa mga ukay-ukay

the disaster is confined to a small locality so pre-stocked relief goods are more than enough
    dude...seriously? i just emailed everyone in the office about making donations...

8. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Sad, we never learn..illegal logging.

9. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    ya seriously...

the landslide is only confined to a relatively small and isolated area, there are not that many displaced people, the NDCC and PRC, DSWD, etc can definitely manage in taking care of the survivors...

you can reserve your donations for future, more widespread calamity, if you have already collected some, just give it to the NDCC or Red Cross

during a similar landslide in so Leyte a few months ago, donated goods just ended up being sold by opportunistic traders

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    question: how often does this happen in the philippines?

Leyte Landslide