New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    To All Tsikoteers: Let's Do Something For A Change

Guys, for the past few months we have discussed the relevant issues concerning our country... from lack of discipline, traffic, new auto-tax scheme, to corruption, religion, and politics. Through this, we have shown genuine concern for our country. We do have great conversations over the boards but I noticed that we lack ACTION.

All of us have great ideas in mind on how these issues can be resolved, but these ideas need to be realized. So I propose that we do something about it through our own little way.

Since our forum is all about cars and stuff, it would be easier to start our concern with the Traffic. We should conduct an Information Campaign. I believe that the lack of discipline in the streets of Filipinos is caused by the insufficiency of information that they have regarding the Traffic Laws. To start with, we could make flyers made out of ordinary paper that we can give and share to our friends and to everyone else so that they will know the Do’s and Don’ts of Driving.

For example:
    1. Always wear your Seatbelts.
    2. Do not Block the Pedestrian lane.
    3. Pedestrians always have the Right of Way.
    4. Keep the Yellow Box Open.
    5. Follow the Traffic Lights.
    6. Counter-flowing is Illegal.

These things will be explained why they should be done or followed. We can also add some Driving Tips like Fuel-saving Tips, Car Maintenance, Good Driving Habits, etc.

Now, if you will approve this, then the project can be started soon. And if we dedicate some of our time to help in this project then it will surely be a success.

I’m asking for a little help, for some initiative from everyone. If we want to see some development in our country then we should do something. Let us first start with ourselves then everyone else could follow. We should practice what we preach. Let us make sure that we are practicing these information before we pass them on to our friends, and they should do the same. Let us first disregard the jeep, bus, taxi at tricycle drivers, since it would take time and not just a simple flyer for them to understand and follow these.
    The whole tsikot community plus all of the other car clubs can participate specially the Diesel Club, they can even spearhead the project.

So what do you think about my suggestion? Will you approve it?

2. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    here's the sample flyer.

http://tsikot.com/download/flyer.doc

3. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    aprub!!

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Aprub siempre! ako pa, eh aktibista ako

25 views with two approvals so far?! teka, madaling araw pala nag post si kiper :hihihi: ob kors tulog karamihang member.

Okay, the last thing I wanna hear from someone in this board is ****en complain about how shitty the economy of the Philippines. You have no ****en right to bitch, whine, complain, gripe, and groan if you can't even be a part of this effort.

Dont mind me, im just bitchen'

seriously tho', we need this campaign to get going.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    thanks sir karding.

calling all members of tsikot, specially the admins and mods.

sana po ay mayroon tayong magawa. tumulong po tayo, kayo na rin mismo nagsabi na gusto nyong magkaroon ng pagbabago sa pinas. patunayan natin iyon. this is an opportunity to do it. let's don't waste it.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Maganda ang idea...I think peude yan simulan sa mga tsikot-eers din muna...info drive would be great.

idagdag ko lang, maybe we could also benefit if we have a "re-fresher" course in driving....yung bang mga signs, symbols and other road rules (that are actually itinetest when we get license)...minsan (or madalas kasi) people got their driving licenses without even knowing this basic info (I for one is a member of this!....P150 lang ang lagay ko nuon prof na agad ang lisensya ko)...

just my 2 cents.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Aprub ako dyan!

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Maganda ang flyer...

Sana lang may Tagalog translations below or at the back for easy comprehension din ng masa (jeepney, bus, taxi, company drivers) which I think violates more of our traffic rules.

I support this idea and hats off to you Kiper.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    if we can conduct a clinic, then proceeds syempre for upkeep of tsikot, isang buwan lang yata ang temporary server natin...

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by OiC65
    Maganda ang flyer...

Sana lang may Tagalog translations below or at the back for easy comprehension din ng masa (jeepney, bus, taxi, company drivers) which I think violates more of our traffic rules.

I support this idea and hats off to you Kiper.
    pinapa translate nga sakin ni kiper, super hirap pala...hindi ko nagawa

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Let's Do Something For A Change