New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Syuryuken View Post
    Hahalughugin ko buong batangas makita lang si Tbabe
    bwhahaha baka umabot ka na sa mga katabing bayan ng Batangas niyan hanapin mo pa din

2. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    hehehee!!! hehehe!!!

3. Join Date
    May 2005
    Usually before Holy Week, I would tend to make several plans on how to maximize my long vacation. Then it dawned on me that during the whole year, I use most of my time doing work and other activities for personal gain. I realized that I only have to spend a few hours, a few days for spiritual nourishment, to relax, to reflect, to be grateful and to celebrate God's unconditional love and forgiving heart. Socrates once said, "an unexamined life is not worth living." Isn't that so fitting for this occasion? Holy week is a great opportunity to withdraw from the usual everyday worries, selfish interests and at the same time reconnect ties with family and or love ones too--by making up for lost time. I figured I am entitled to leave credits anyway, I can use that anytime for fun, enjoyment and satisfying my other gulity pleasures

4. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by pawsacat View Post
    Usually before Holy Week, I would tend to make several plans on how to maximize my long vacation. Then it dawned on me that during the whole year, I use most of my time doing work and other activities for personal gain. I realized that I only have to spend a few hours, a few days for spiritual nourishment, to relax, to reflect, to be grateful and to celebrate God's unconditional love and forgiving heart. Socrates once said, "an unexamined life is not worth living." Isn't that so fitting for this occasion? Holy week is a great opportunity to withdraw from the usual everyday worries, selfish interests and at the same time reconnect ties with family and or love ones too--by making up for lost time. I figured I am entitled to leave credits anyway, I can use that anytime for fun, enjoyment and satisfying my other gulity pleasures
    this is nice reflection.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    oo nga the whole year trabaho at pasaya nalang, kahit di tayo magtika, siguro ito na ang paraan nating magtika kahit paano, at ang mataimtim at maisapusong pagdarasal malamang ang kinakailangan upang kahit paano ay makapagpasalamat tayo sa maykapal.

if most of our prayers we ask for this and that, if most of our life we see what our flaws, maybe this time, we could somehow be thankful, in every little blessings that we have.

huwag muna nating tignan ang wala tayo ngunit magpasalamat kung ano ang meron=)

6. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    ang sarap naman message mo bossing cutedoc, nawa'y pagtapos ng mahal na araw kahit papano makatulong tayo sa mga taong kapos sa lahat, as blessing sa lahat ng biyaya ng dyos sa akin, isantabi muna mga masasayang bagay, at unahin muna ang kasalanan natin sa dyos. tutal minsan lang sa isang taon itong magaganap. after holyweek start na naman tayong magbilang ng ating kasalanan .

7. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Nandito lang din sa Manila - but we go out for Bisita Iglesia on Friday, prayers & reflection. While at home, mostly relax lang. Nood ng movies, and try to watch those 'Ten Commandments', 'Jesus of Nazareth' types.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Thursday - sa bahay lang
    Friday to Sunday - we might go to the beach.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Medyo OT (pero pang Lenten din)

Ang mga matatanda (lalo na sa province), daming bawal pag Biyernes Santo, pero yung iba, understandable naman kasi nga Good Friday:

- bawal ang karne (eto talagang bawal ito, sa mga Catholics)
    - bawal magsaya.
    - bawal sumigaw/magalit
    - pag nasugat ka on Good Friday, mahirap gumaling
    - bawal maligo after 3 PM (Sabi nga ng lola ko noon, "Hoy maligo na kayo. Lampas alas tres, bawal na maligo!")

Pero eto from Father Quitorio (CBCP)

You Can Take a Bath After 3 p.m. on Good Friday’

Msgr. Pedro Quitorio, spokesman for the Catholic Bishops Conference of the Philippines (CBCP), yesterday reacted to the old beliefs of many faithful that taking a bath after 3 p.m. on Good Friday is prohibited.

Quitorio said these superstitious beliefs have remained in the culture of many Filipinos despite the spread of the Christian faith.

“When we were evangelized, these things have been there. Maybe that’s why they’re still here,” the CBCP official clarified. Instead of enduring the summer heat, Quitorio said Filipinos should celebrate Christ’s death which was God’s perquisite for man’s redemption.

“What is true is that we are celebrating His death which happened centuries ago. In fact, Chapter 6 of (the book of) Matthew says that if you fast, you need to take a bath so that people will not notice what you are doing, so that your father who knows what is done in secret will reward you,” he said.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    actually asa sa atin kung anung klaseng penitensiya ang gagawin natin, pwedeng huwagt kumain ng karne, pwdeng wag maligo, pwedeng wag lumabas ng bahay, la naman atang binigay na direktang utos ang diyos na bawal ang ganito at ganyansa ganitong araw, follow the 10 commandments ( o alam mo ba ang 10? kung di mo alam alamin mo muna kung anu ano ang mga yun, dahil yun ang 10 utos ng diyos)

yun penitensiya o sacrifies natin asa sa atin na yun kung ano sa tingin natin at sa palagay natin na tingin ng diyos na naayon sa ating abilidad o ano ang makakaya nating ibigay.

freewill is of gift from God that we all exercise, it is us who decide and make a choice, but we must choose in favor of what we think is Godly, we please not others but ourselves and God alone.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
LENTEN Seasons