1. Join Date
    Oct 2002

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    IBM - It's a Big Mistake

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    big mistake?

Creates world's third-largest PC business with approximately US$12 billion annual revenue for 2003
    around P650 billion in revenues? my gosh... that's big business...

4. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    uhhhmm dati nagbebenta lang ang lenovo ng IBM ngayon binili na...

IBM owns 5% of the market din ha malaki din yun for lenovo

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by mazdamazda
    big mistake?

around P650 billion in revenues? my gosh... that's big business...

seguro para sa IBM, di na nila kailangan pa yon, besides kahit sino pwede na gumawa ng PC.... bet ko in 4 years may ilalabas silang new product.

OR

perahin na lang ang isang hindi na kikita pa in a few years to come...

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    The future is bleak in PC business I guess. Andami kasing clones na lumalabas and it's really hard for them to compete price-wise.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    hmmm...i wonder what this means for me. i've been a thinkpad loyalist ever since i had laptops (had at least 10, 3 of which i still own).

i don't like the idea of a company known for rock-bottom prices and questionable quality making and servicing my PC's from now on.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I think it was the right decision for both....IBM thinks global...and probably they have seen that the global needs on PC is slowly declining....whereas Lenovo is a use-to-be small time reseller who now have the money...and is probably thinking of having a "brand" recognition with a reputation na....its a quick fix to get known....so eventually they'll have a better reputation (than now) and eventually also have thier market expanded.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by M54 Powered
    hmmm...i wonder what this means for me. i've been a thinkpad loyalist ever since i had laptops (had at least 10, 3 of which i still own).

i don't like the idea of a company known for rock-bottom prices and questionable quality making and servicing my PC's from now on.
    well... they will still remain as separate entities for a few years... what will be good is the technology transfer from IBM to Lenovo.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    AFAIK, IBM is losing a lot of money with its consumer PC division. Ok naman yung decision businesswise.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Lenovo to Acquire IBM Personal Computing Division