New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    er...pardon my ignorance...why is better than just pressing on the brakes a few times? mas mabilis pong matuyo?

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    You can hold a light pressure on the brake pedal while on the accelerator.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    May 2005
    I think left foot braking is more on shifting the weight of the car to the front, very useful in FF cars (in racing).

4. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    actually...napatanong lang ako after watching a top gear episode -- the one where they raced a Ford Transit(a van) along this German track. This German girl racer was pointing out to (who's the little guy sa top gear?) that she was braking with her left foot. after readig the posts here, that episode seemed a lot more insane B)

5. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by badkuk
    er...pardon my ignorance...why is better than just pressing on the brakes a few times? mas mabilis pong matuyo?

Hmm...it might depend on the...."condition" of your brake pads. See, if your brake pads are soaked for a long time in flood-waters, doing left-foot braking to dry-out the brakes might not be a good idea since it might cause your brake pads to chaff or even to peel-off. See, I have this friend that did some left-foot braking to dry-off his brakes (happened a some years ago - 1998 to be exact). Unfortunately, his brakes were soaked in flood-water for a long time so the pads "softened" and dirt got inside the little crevaces of his brake system. So, when he did some left-foot braking, he noticed a sqealing sound. He though notihing of it until the next morning he inspected his brakes. He found out that his brake pads peeled off, and because of this, his drum-face was damaged. Also, the disc face (at the front brakes) were also deeply scarred due to the dirt that ground on it when he was doing his braking thing.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    left-foot-braking to clean the discs/drums is best done very lightly... too bad for your friend there was debris in there... some modern cars have an ESP/ABS system that automatically applies a slight amount of brake when they detect wet brake surfaces.

Again, left-foot braking is a good idea for racing, as in FF cars, it can get the ends to swap more easily, but on the road... NO.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

7. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    normally sa regular driving with a matic car pede gawin ang left foot braking, sanayan din naman, imagine the left foot you step at is the clutch, pero siyempre youll be doing this for the first time, madiin normally ang tapak, kasi your not use to how it works yet, indi pa tantiado, i tried using left for brakes mahirap, tipong nakakasubsub pag tapak kasi indi controled, hehehe so stick with the norm, sa karting left din brake

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    pag nag aarcade ako dati ng mga racing games lagi ko sinasabi na sira ung break! hahaha. tapos one time sinubukan ko gamitin pang break ung left foot ko. ayon, napaisip ako na left foot pala gamit ko pang break sa arcade. hehehe

kaya takot ako mag drive ng automatic e. hindi pa kasi ao nakakatesting.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    For regular driving mas mabuti na to avoid left foot braking, I read that for an automatic car your left foot usually rests on a foot rest, adding support to your body which would be handy in certain situations, such as accidents.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    You can also use left foot braking for burn out contests. Hehe.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
left foot braking