New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    From Lee Kwan Yew's memoirs, Singapore Story:

The Marcoses' have a penchant for flamboyant frivolity in a country of desperate poverty.

But Filipinos have "a soft forgiving culture". Only in the Philippines could a leader like Ferdinand Marcos, who pillaged his country for 20 years, still be considered for a national hero's burial."

Imelda had a penchant for luxury. When they visited Singapore, they came in two DC-8s, his and hers... like Hollywood melodrama, these could have happened only in the Philippines."

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Mayaman ang pinas no!

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    inggit lang si Lee Kuan Yew hindi nya magawa sa Singapore yan
    Signature

4. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    If any Filipino had the opportunity to do what the Marcoses' had done, they would do the same.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    heheh.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    wala siyang sinabi na hindi totoo

7. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by j_avonni
    If any Filipino had the opportunity to do what the Marcoses' had done, they would do the same.
    hey! hey! are you saying that ALL Filipinos are corrupt??? naku, medyo ingat lang po sa comments.....hindi lahat nagpayaman sa public office......there were some who died without enriching themselves......

not everyone would want to go to hell

j_avonni......i just hope that you would NOT run for public office ever

8. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    I Totally Agree W/ Lee,ibang Klaseng Species Talaga Pinoy.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by moneywhiz
    hey! hey! are you saying that ALL Filipinos are corrupt??? naku, medyo ingat lang po sa comments.....hindi lahat nagpayaman sa public office......there were some who died without enriching themselves......

not everyone would want to go to hell

j_avonni......i just hope that you would NOT run for public office ever
    Moneywhiz, I apologize if I have been misunderstood. What I was pointing at is if anyone were "a strongman and in power for 20 years", he would be tempted to do what the Marcoses' had done. Btw, what is your estimate as to those "some who died without enriching themselves".

10. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by j_avonni
    Btw, what is your estimate as to those "some who died without enriching themselves".
    hi there j_avonni......my personal estimate is: only 2 out of 10 would have died without enriching themselves......

ok, now i understand what you mean in your post......sorry if misunderstood you

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Lee Kwan Yew lambasts Marcoses