New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by bobzy View Post
    sorry may bigla kasi sumagot na "from his honda"...
    hehe. I thought I made a mistake too and had to read the TS' post again

But really, leaking roofs are very expensive. Minsan kasi pag nagpapagawa ang dami pang ibang nakikita na hawa hawa na
    Last edited by _Cathy_; May 5th, 2013 at 11:02 PM.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    makikita mo yan pag umakyat ka.
    puntahan mo lang naman yung area ng sa tingin mo andun yung tulo. yung pako angat usualy or yung butas makikita mo. buy ka lang tulad ng sabi ng isa rito na cord marine epoxy or any epoxy for roof. lagyan mo na lahat ng pakong makakayanan nung isang pouch.
    good luck at sana di ka masyado mabigat so as not to put some more damage to your roof. hanapin mo yung pamakuan dun ka maglakad.
    ingat!

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by badkuk View Post
    The roof seems to be springing a lot of leaks lately...considering that the past few rainshowers this year haven't been that intense, i'm a bit concerned that it might get worse during the wet season.

From what i gather from past repairs, the GI sheets seem to be OK, nagkakaproblem lang sa mga dugtong/nailpoints.

Ano kayang magandang solution:

1. Vulca seal
    -- imho, a bit hard to pinpoint where to apply it; sa tag ulan lang talaga magiging obvious

2. rubberized roofing
    -- i'm hoping that coating the entire roof would be aone shot deal, to seal up the leaks and also provide heat insulation.
    -- mahal ba to? how much per sqm lalabas?
    -- any special procedure to apply it, or do we just buy a few cans and paint it on?

tia

I will tell you a secret. VULCASEAL & FEDSEAL are crappy products that does not even do it's intended purpose at all. At most, it would last a half a year and end up you needing to re-apply it again. That is how the company behind the product makes money.

There is a much better product that actually seals the gaps in the roofing and lasts many years after ONE application.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    What product is that?

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Cathy_for_you View Post
    What product is that?
    PYE FLEXI-SEAL ...

more info: PYE PRODUCTS - Products -Protective Waterproof Coating

6. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    GH, baka you also know the importer? Discount daw. Kidding

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Cathy_for_you View Post
    GH, baka you also know the importer? Discount daw. Kidding
    We used to distribute their products but we discontinued after 2 years because of slow sales. While we had their products, we tried it ourselves. Very good in sealing and waterproofing our van roofs and warehouse roof as well. Our van roof constantly leaked when we were using fedseal/vulcaseal. After one use of PYE sealant, no more leaks for years!

8. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    mas magandang ngayon mo gawin yan habang summer pa. diy mo rin yung mga karpintero minsan di pulido gumawa.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    I will tell you a secret. VULCASEAL & FEDSEAL are crappy products that does not even do it's intended purpose at all. At most, it would last a half a year and end up you needing to re-apply it again. That is how the company behind the product makes money.

There is a much better product that actually seals the gaps in the roofing and lasts many years after ONE application.
    That explains why every year or so we have to re-do the darn roof. In fact i'm just about to put out the PPP again.

When i construct my own house, I really intend to do the roof well.

GH, are the PYE products still available locally?

What roof sealant product had that girl doing the roof in the rain? Baka every year, papagawa ng bubong yung mga tao kung ganyan ang mag-apply ng vulca seal.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    What roof sealant product had that girl doing the roof in the rain? Baka every year, papagawa ng bubong yung mga tao kung ganyan ang mag-apply ng vulca seal.

Pioneer Elastoseal, Jacq Yu

Jacq Yu in Pioneer Elastoseal tv commercial uncensored ***y version - YouTube

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast