New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    [SIZE=2]I would just like to inquire if there is such a law that protects us buyers from overpricing of land by condominium/ subdivision developers. I purchased a condo unit, through PAGIBIG, more than a year ago. The Condo Project is located in Quirino Highway, Novaliches, Quezon City. The contract price of my 32 square-meter unit was more or less 700K.

Now I'm actually planning to purchase a parking slot. They currently sell the parking slot at PHP 330,000 or PHP3000 / month if to be rented (parang daig pa Makati sa parking rate .).

The parking area is not actually covered (open parking) and each slot can barely accommodate a full size car. I feel that the price of the developer is a bit steep compared to the actual market value of land on that area and also considering the area is not that "urbanized" yet. And the sad thing about this is that they are giving us, unit owners who didn't purchase parking lots, a hard time entering the condominium grounds with our vehicles and they are strictly enforcing the "NO SLOT NO PARKING" policy which effectively forces us unit owners to buy their slots at a very unreasonable price.

Sana may lawyer dito na makapigbigay ng advise. Thank you.
    [/SIZE]

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    wala yatang ganyang law. imho. its a free market, ika nga.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    That's absurd to even think a law exist to prevent land overpricing. Land is bought and sold with the free markets, don't like the price then just walk away.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Yup tama sina Tidus and 1D4LV, if you think the price is out of this world "nananaginip", just walk away and don't but the property, you have a right to buy a property but you also have a right to purchase at a fair price.

5. Join Date
    May 2006
    even regulated prime commodity items mahirap din kontrolin... yan pa kayang walang pinanghahawakan na law.

just shy away from those sellers who are profiteers
    if you can find a buyer for your condo unit better sell it and transfer to other places with better deal

6. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Sell the condo and buy someplace else that has parking included in the price.

tol, mura yan a... ang usual rate for a dedicated parking slot is 500,000.

ganito, sell the condo, get a town house na may car garage.wala ka magagawa, maduduling ka lang maghanap ng condo na may kasamang parking slot!

edit: better yet: pa-lease-to-own mo nalang yang condo mo din.. atleast kumita ka pa..
    Last edited by alwayz_yummy; June 27th, 2009 at 03:27 PM.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Aside from that, may babayaran ka pang monthly dues diyan. Yan ang hirap sa Condo. Para ka ring nagri-rent.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Wala pong batas sa pag-control ng presyo ng lupa. The advice given here is right. Either sell the condo and live elsewhere where there's free parking or just rent.

ako, kahit gusto ko itira pamilya ko sa condo, pero having 2 cars, di feasible... so hanap ako ng single detached na may 2-car garage w/in my vicinity...

pero eto masasabi ko: mura yang parking slot mo ha.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Law against overpricing of land.. meron ba?