New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by yebo
    dami nyo napupuna kala mo naman nagbibigay sa simbahan ng malaki pero barya-barya lang naman kung offertory!

kaya dapat punahin yung politicians. hindi barya ang buwis na ibinabayad natin na para sa kapakanan din natin!!!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by OTO
    Even if he is the head of State shouldnt your perception on the vow of poverty also apply to the Pope? He is after all the Pope and people look at him as the example we Roman Catholics should all emulate.

If an SUV is the only thing donated then why not use it? All the priest has to say is that the car was donated by some rich person. Even Christ had rich friends who helped him out once in awhile and yet no one took issue of it. I believe the religious Orders should maximize whatever is donated or God has provided. To do less would be sinful.

I do recall a story in the New Testament where in Jesus Christ praise a poor woman who donated most of her possessions to a sinegog even if she owned so little as compared to a rich man who gave a lot and yet is a fraction of what he owns.
    Yes. The vow of poverty applies to the Pope --- as a priest. That's why when he died he left NO MATERIAL POSSESSIONS. Whatever vehicles he used were owned by the Vatican and devoted solely for official use or functions.

Ok. So what if an SUV is the only thing donated? The priest can certainly use it but it will most certainly result in three things:

1. A higher gas and maintenance bill of the SUV which ultimately will be taken from donations to the church; and

2. Less donations to the church since, again, it will give the perception that the parish has more than enough money in its coffers; and

3. Less credibility for the priest since he cannot teach "blessed are the poor" while driving around in an SUV.

I don't doubt that Christ had rich friends. But he also lived SIMPLY which is the crux of the matter here. Having rich friends, I believe, does not entitle a priest to enjoy luxuries (like an SUV) or make use of them under the pretext that they are donations.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    just before Holy Week may nabasa akong article sa Inquirer abt this priest who made millions in the stock market. he started with something like P8k in the 80s. now he is worth mga P3 million daw!

anyway, sa room nya ang daming pictures ng Bimmer, Mercedes at ibang mga luxury cars. He spends his free time daw staring at the pictures...in short vinivisualize nya na makakabili na sya ng mga cars na yun. he believes in visualization ek-ek.

personally, i found it strange that a priest would be that rich. Una, i believe in the vow of poverty for ALL priests. Since di naman applicable sa lahat, dapat naman may konting decency and modesty. wag naman yung sobrang magara na kotse, kahit bigay ng family, parishoners, etc. doesn't make any sense to me e.

agree din ako that the vow of poverty is hyporicy na precisely because of these kinds of priests.

finally, bakit may mga parishoners naman who make this very big donations? seems like they are trying to buy themselves their way to heaven. siguro sobrang makasalanan ang mga yan. sure, pera nila yun. but it leaves a bad taste in the mouth. sorry kung may tinamaan.

and you wonder why predominantly Catholic countries, like the Philippines, are so poor and underdeveloped.

cheers!!

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    The thing is kahit pa magara ang mga sasakyan nila "are they attached to their vehicles??" Ang mga pari hindi naman gaya natin na lahat gagawin para maging pinakamaganda ang sasakyan natin. Ginagamit nila yung mga sasakyan as tools for their mission and service. We should not judge them dahil may magagara silang sasakyan. So what kung magara sasakyan nila dabah???? Pero kung nakikita natin na mas binibigyan nila priority yung sasakyan nila kesa sa pagpapari nila, well in the first place dapat di na sila nagpari.

"Everything we have are gifts from God, therefore let us put them to good use for His Greater Glory!!!"

5. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    imho some priests are already old na rin, so baka medyo hirap din sila kung medyo matagtag o uncomfortable sa loob ng kotse. i think kung *ordinary* sedans e ok lang -- e.g. corolla xl, revo base model -- so long as it's an official service vehicle ng church, and not for exclusive use of the priest. wag naman ung bmw, volvo, pajero, etc. it just sends the wrong message, kahit na gift o mayaman talaga ung pari.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by ILuvDetailing
    Just curious... ano kaya sasakyan ni Cardinal Sin? How ironic that "Sin" is his last name...
    A white Toyota Crown. Katulad nung mga ginamit sa WYD '95.

IMHO, malakas talaga ang pasok ng donations sa mga pari. And a lot of them are not even intended for the church. Sadyang donations for the particular priest. Parang living allowance ba.

Yung pari sa last retreat na pinuntahan ko, niregaluhan ng parishoner ng Nokia 9500 Communicator.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    mga pari sa ust... grabe kung nakita mo mga oto.. hehehehe...

8. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Doon sa amin sasakyan niya YAMAHA DT 125....

9. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    may mga priests talga na mayayaman, dati dun sa beda un isang pari namn dun mayaman talga family nila, pati un mga gamit nya branded pero bait pa rin sya.hehe..tapos may kamaganak namn kami na pari sa states, every 2years ata o 3yrs bibgyan sya ng bagong kotse para service nya..

10. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    porket ba pari dapat PANGET AT LUMA ang gamit? Isipin nga naten. They have these beautiful and expensive things but are they attached to it? Like what i said before and what some have said, bigay yun karamihan and some came from rich families. The Church has money. So what? Alam ba ninyo kung saan yun lahat napupunta!? And so what if ang pagpagawa ng Church eh worth millions of pesos!? Eh kung mayaman yung nagdodonate sa simbahan pakialam naten. Sa parish namen may bank account. My tita used to be the treasurer and you can just imagine magkano pumapasok sa simbahan araw araw kada misa. Maraming activities sa Church at outreach programs that needs funding. Kulang pa nga ang pera kung tutuusin.
    And i don't think priests having nice looking cars will send the wrong message. Depende na sa tao yun kung pano nya tatanggapin ang ganoong scenario.
    Yung mga donations naman sa mga priests, may mga stipend talaga sila. And for the particular parish meron talaga silang "living allowances". Kung sakaling may pera ang pari, why persecute him? I really don't see the point. Tao den yan may personal needs na kelangang bilhin.

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
kotse ng mga pari nakita niyo... please share