New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    My mom-in-law had one before, after less than 2 years nagkandasirasira na, she tried calling in the service people pero sa sobrang bwisit nya pinamigay na lang sa isang kamag-anak then bumili na lang ng Carrier as a replacement.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Sa sobra kasi ng daming brand ng aircon pamurahan na ng presyo iyong ibang bagong brand kaya hindi baleng mahal ang carrier okay naman quality at service .

3. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    appliances will breakdown eventually in it's lifetime--some may be sooner, while others a lot later. . .so, pag nasira yan, dapat alam mo kung saan mo dadalhin. . .aside from it's proven quality, another reason i buy panasonic products as much as possible is it's numerous service centers around the metro. . .laging merong malapit na service center wherever you may live

yung ibang brand, they only assign authorized service centers which cannot be trusted since they don't carry the name of brand's company. . .
    i learned it the hard way nung nasira ang power supply ng pioneer dvd player ko last year. . .dinala ko sa "authorized service center", nung natagalan ako kinuha ko na lang yung unit and bumili na lang ng bago (another brand). . .i learned later na kinuhanan pala ng capacitor sa loob nung buksan ko to study. . .kahit ipinatuloy ko pala yung repair and spent 1,800 petot e wala ring assurance na magagamit ulit sya, buti na lang at ipinulout ko

hindi ko naman maibalik sa bwisit na service center kasi 3 weeks na yata ang nakalipas and siguradong ide-deny lang yun

kaasar di ba?
    Last edited by vito corleone; July 26th, 2010 at 06:15 PM.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    how about samsung guys? ok ba sya? bibili ako ng appliance next month eh, aircon at ref...

5. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    My AC unit is less than one (1) year old. They are not supposed to break down in less than a year. But even if they do break down because of inherent defects, siguro naman, it's reasonable for you to expect that they will attend to it right away, not 1 week. Its an aircon unit. Kaya ka nga bumibili ng aircon, para guminhawa. Tapos 1 week kang mag-titiis ng walang aircon. Di ba nakakainis yon?

You're right, they farm out the service to third parties, but the one servicing our area (kinontak ko na rin sila) had to depend on the spare parts which the Kolin service center will not release unless their authorized personnel will come and see the unit. This will take one (1) week nga. And when they do come, as they did a few hours ago, they say that they had to bring the PCB over to their office. So, ilang araw na namang hintayan iyan?

nakakaasar talaga, tama ka.

Quote Originally Posted by vito corleone View Post
    appliances will breakdown eventually in it's lifetime--some may be sooner, while others a lot later. . .so, pag nasira yan, dapat alam mo kung saan mo dadalhin. . .aside from it's proven quality, another reason i buy panasonic products as much as possible is it's numerous service centers around the metro. . .laging merong malapit na service center wherever you may live

yung ibang brand, they only assign authorized service centers which cannot be trusted since they don't carry the name of brand's company. . .
    i learned it the hard way nung nasira ang power supply ng pioneer dvd player ko last year. . .dinala ko sa "authorized service center", nung natagalan ako kinuha ko na lang yung unit and bumili na lang ng bago (another brand). . .i learned later na kinuhanan pala ng capacitor sa loob nung buksan ko to study. . .kahit ipinatuloy ko pala yung repair and spent 1,800 petot e wala ring assurance na magagamit ulit sya, buti na lang at ipinulout ko

hindi ko naman maibalik sa bwisit na service center kasi 3 weeks na yata ang nakalipas and siguradong ide-deny lang yun

kaasar di ba?

6. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Haven't tried a Samsung AC unit, but I have a Samsung TV and their after-sales service is good, unlike Kolin.

Quote Originally Posted by mreyes View Post
    how about samsung guys? ok ba sya? bibili ako ng appliance next month eh, aircon at ref...

7. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    TRUE...Kolin Aircon Service Sucks! It has been a week now that my split type aircon bought last May 30, 2010 malfunctioned. I immediately called their accredited service center who sent a technician who seemed not to know the real problem of the unit. He requested a spare part from Kolin which turned out to be not really the culprit. After almost a day of checking on the unit, the technician declared it's the condenser that caused the unit to malfunction. A condenser was then brought the following day which still didn't solve the problem. Today, Nov. 27, 2010, the technician again removed another part which he thinks (for the nth time) is the cause of the unit breakdown. The repair center still has to request this spare part on Tues. Nov. 30 from the main office of Kolin and just imagine how many days again it would take for the unit to become functioning again if ever the technician could fix it this time. To all those who are still contemplating to buy any appliance, specially an aircon unit, PLEASE DON'T CHOOSE KOLIN so your life will not become miserable.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Like Cars, stick with a reputable brand. Our Carrier lasted us more than 12 years. We changed it recently to a newer more efficient model.

Kaya in the same way, Ill never buy a China car. Skeptic pa ako sa quality nila.

Suspecha ko nag China parts na itong Kolin to make tipid.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Anna Jean View Post
    TRUE...Kolin Aircon Service Sucks! It has been a week now that my split type aircon bought last May 30, 2010 malfunctioned. I immediately called their accredited service center who sent a technician who seemed not to know the real problem of the unit. He requested a spare part from Kolin which turned out to be not really the culprit. After almost a day of checking on the unit, the technician declared it's the condenser that caused the unit to malfunction. A condenser was then brought the following day which still didn't solve the problem. Today, Nov. 27, 2010, the technician again removed another part which he thinks (for the nth time) is the cause of the unit breakdown. The repair center still has to request this spare part on Tues. Nov. 30 from the main office of Kolin and just imagine how many days again it would take for the unit to become functioning again if ever the technician could fix it this time. To all those who are still contemplating to buy any appliance, specially an aircon unit, PLEASE DON'T CHOOSE KOLIN so your life will not become miserable.
    please don't choose Kolin or you'll end up always callin' Kolin.

Quote Originally Posted by Anna Jean View Post
    Hope they don't get it right yet, and keep replacing parts. In the end, I'm sure they'll finally get it right, and you'll end up with a practically brand new unit!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Kolin Aircon service sucks!