New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    be careful if you receive the following in your mailbox. this scam is very dangerous as the person is asking me the following info to think that the job offer came from a place i never applied to:

...send me your scanned international passport, school certificates,two passport photographs, and any working experience, if avialable, scan and send to my email box with your resume attached to it.

X-Gmail-Received: 928abae35fbc6b559527f57b0b8b63f2f42a9158
    Delivered-To: q*****1*gmail.com
    Received: by 10.54.21.15 with SMTP id 15cs1219wru;
    Wed, 5 Jan 2005 02:21:06 -0800 (PST)
    Received: by 10.54.20.65 with SMTP id 65mr46925wrt;
    Wed, 05 Jan 2005 02:21:06 -0800 (PST)
    X-Forwarded-To: q******1*gmail.com
    X-Gmail-Received: 6f68c963093ec315a69278ade4ed3ba3ec924d9e
    Delivered-To: l****st*gmail.com
    Received: by 10.54.19.39 with SMTP id 39cs1560wrs;
    Wed, 5 Jan 2005 02:21:05 -0800 (PST)
    Received: by 10.38.102.78 with SMTP id z78mr260518rnb;
    Wed, 05 Jan 2005 02:21:05 -0800 (PST)
    Return-Path: <johnston_murphy*tiscali.co.uk>
    Received: from mk-smarthost-1.mail.uk.tiscali.com (mk-smarthost-1.mail.uk.tiscali.com [212.74.114.37])
    by mx.gmail.com with ESMTP id 79si198758rna;
    Wed, 05 Jan 2005 02:21:05 -0800 (PST)
    Received-SPF: neutral (gmail.com: 212.74.114.37 is neither permitted nor denied by domain of johnston_murphy*tiscali.co.uk)
    Received: from mk-cpfront-4.mail.uk.tiscali.com ([212.74.114.6]:63265 helo=mk-cpfrontend.uk.tiscali.com)
    by mk-smarthost-1.mail.uk.tiscali.com with esmtp (Exim 4.30)
    id 1Cm8Ha-00032t-H0; Wed, 05 Jan 2005 10:20:50 +0000
    Received: from [192.116.153.79] by mk-cpfrontend.uk.tiscali.com with HTTP; Wed, 5 Jan 2005 10:20:49 +0000
    Date: Wed, 5 Jan 2005 02:20:49 -0800
    Message-ID: <41871D4E000F1FD4*mk-cpfrontend-4.mail.uk.tiscali.com>
    Subject: JOB OFFER
    MIME-Version: 1.0
    Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1"
    Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

JOHNSTON&MURPHY COMPANY permit no.559
    www.johnstonmurphy.com
    tell:+18004242854,+447040106572
    JOB OFFER
    urgent notification: job description:sales managers, delievery men and women, sales men and women, computer oprators, , desiqners, fashion desiqners,interior deccorators,

JOB LOCATION: usa, phillippines,uk, and africa
    1. Job locations are in four (4)countries in the world
    2. The job sites are in these countries
    3. All staffs facilities are already in place
    to ensure proper safety of personnels and facilities on site.
    4.we give free accommondation, free medication, and the company gives invitation letters that will enable you obtian visa to the branch you choose to work the company give invitation letter, identity card , certificate of employments, working permit and some other document which will enable you obtian visa

SALARY
    US$115 per/hour
    Hazard Allowance 2% of Basic Salary
    Inconveniences Allowances 2% of Basic Salary

ENTITLEMENTS:
    1. You should be entitled to a fully official car,bus and van on 24 hrs daily basis for local transportation.
    2. You shall be entitled to a suitable accommodation and security from the date of your arrival.
    3. Free medical/health care services shall be provided by the Companies clinic and fitness club respectively.
    4. Free laundry service by the companies laundry/dry cleaning unit. Detailed official copy of contract, traveling documents, including the above subject matters shall be send immediately via courier on completion of your traveling documents.

Now, your obligation is to obtain your traveling documents from Africa, due to time constraint.
    All expenses incur in relation to this job offer will be reimbursed on arrival.

job offers employment opportunities in JOHNSTON&MURPHY COMPANY permit no. 559
    send me your scanned international passport, school certificates,two passport photographs, and any working experience, if avialable, scan and send to my email box with your resume attached to it.
    send it to my email:johnston_murphy*ny.com,johnston_murphy2000*y ahoo.co.uk

all documents are going to be processed by the branch manager of this company,
    you are to send these documents asked for through the DHL,or UPS,FEDEX,LBC.

yours sincerely
    GENERAL MANAGER
    JOHNSTON MURPHY CO
    www.johnstonmurphy.com
    Tell:+18004242854

Mr Johnston

2. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    wow, 115 dollars an hours. parang sweldo ng attorneys sa USA na yan ah

andy

3. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Anyone that uses free email services to solicit jobs is dubious...

4. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    eto nakuha ko rin sa gmail ko, totoo b to or scam rin?

Mga Bossing,

I am based here in San Francisco, Ca. We ship cargos from SF to Phils. every friday by Air. Also, we do ocean cargo every 2 weeks.

If you need something that can only be purchased here in the US, we can ship it to you. There are 2 options:

1. You do your own shopping online (or whatever means) then have the item shipped to our address here in the US. Then we will compute for the appropriate fees. For example:

Spareparts will be $6.50/pound (by Air), minimum of 10 pounds per shipment. This fee includes all the processing, taxes and duties that applies + releasing. When we receive your items, we will check it. Do the necessary re-packaging (when necessary) then ship it by Air. Usually items leaves on a Friday and it will be delivered to you usually on following Wednesday (Door-to-door). Shipping fee will be collected from you upon delivery (COD). For OCEAN shipping, we ask our customer to pre-pay the shipping fee.

2. We do the shopping for you. Just send us your requirements then we'll give you our quotation, if you approve it, we will ask you to wire/send the payment to us then we will order it for you. Delivery and payment is the same as the above example.

Air is usually recommended if your item weighs 10 lbs - 30 lbs. and it is faster. Ocean cargo is a bit cheaper but it takes about 3 weeks to 1 month before you receive the items.

The $6.50/pound fee i mentioned in the example above is applicable to spareparts only. We have different fees for personal effects (shoes, shirt, etc). and electronics/computer items.

Please feel free to send me your questions.

BTW, I can also get you genuine SPOON parts (for those of you honda/acura lovers

HERE ARE THE RATES:

AIR DOOR-TO-DOOR (10 POUNDS MINIMUM)

------------------------------------------

Personal Effects $4/lbs.

Printed Matters $5/lbs

Replacement Parts $6.50/lbs

Electornics $8.50/lbs

Computer parts/accessories $4/lbs + $15/unit

OCEAN DOOR-TO-DOOR

------------------------------------------

Personal Effects $15/cu.ft.

Spare Parts $15/cu.ft + $1/lbs. based on actual or volume weight

Tires/Mags $15/cu.ft + $50/piece

Thanks and good day!

Roderick

5. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    I believe that is an offer of a fellow tsikoteer. nakita ko na yan sa ibang thread e.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    the offer to consolidate and ship cargo is common nowadays. but its best to deal with a relative or mutual friends in the USA. my cousing's wife works for United Airlines and they have a good deal with FedEx in such a way that she gets huge discounts on FedEx boxes coming into Cebu. sometimes, nakikiride ako

andy

7. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Any unsolicited email I receive that asks me to submit confidential personal info, I automatically regard as spam. Trash button lang ang katapat niyan.

I mean, ang laking tanga mo na siguro pag pumatol ka pa sa mga ganyan, 'di ba?
    Last edited by Bogeyman; February 7th, 2005 at 12:20 PM.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    onga, trash button lang ang katapat nyan..

kapag me natatanggap akong mga offers sa email at medyo di ko familiar sa company, delete na agad...hehehe wala nang 2nd look....dami loko at hackers ngayon eh....

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    taas ng sweldo nyan ah. johnston & murphy is an actual company, but the 'reply to' address is xxx*yahoo.com.uk. hmmmm.

job offer scam