New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    patriotic ba yan si Jim paredes et al, 'lam ko nag-surface lang yan pag madami na sila like in Edsa I and Edsa II. if they were really patriotic, sana mga songs nila nun 80's anti-dictatorship/marcos or meron ba? hehehe

2. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by oldblue View Post
    patriotic ba yan si Jim paredes et al, 'lam ko nag-surface lang yan pag madami na sila like in Edsa I and Edsa II. if they were really patriotic, sana mga songs nila nun 80's anti-dictatorship/marcos or meron ba? hehehe
    There was a reason for the NAPO (an acronym which I cannot remember) series of shows and albums. I guess I was too young then. If there's anyone who was already in senior high or college when Ninoy Aquino was murdered, please speak up.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Apolinario Mabini Hiking Society ang name ng grupo nila..they shortened it to APO Hiking Society and the APO... during their concerts lalo na nung 80's they had political satire laced in them this was the time when ninoy was assasinated and before the first EDSA revolution..i think the nAPO line as part of a concert title they did and it stuck on nothing political about it..

now, i really find nothing wrong with anybody migrating, i myself would like to if i had the chance..and part of any reason of leaving something or somebody is giving up on that person.. so he gave up on politicians, system etc..but these politicians, system are part of the country..its what the Philippines is eh, its been like this for 20++ years.. ok lang naman na aminin niya..nga lang yari siya eh may mga show siya dito..
    Last edited by Hero; August 22nd, 2006 at 04:35 AM.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    If some Internet sources are to be believed, they were in the thick of the anti-Marcos movement. And the 'napo' series came from the recorded words during Ninoy's assasination, a variation on "Eto 'na, eto 'na! Pusila! Pusila!" or something like that. I was too young to remember or care.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    So sad... So sad..

Kung kelan ako di bumili ng dyaryo tsaka ko di nabasa...

Pero so sad to be misinterpreted, so sad

6. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by oldblue View Post
    theres a thin line between being patriotic and stupid...

7. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    anyway... good or bad publicity is still.......... publicity...

next headline "jim paredes, making a comeback?!?"

8. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    i've read one of the blogs by Jim, sabi nya dun sa last part nung article nya that...

"I'll be back to fight another day!"

9. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by van_wilder View Post
    anyway... good or bad publicity is still.......... publicity...
    napanood ko to..

10. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by the_wildthing View Post
    If some Internet sources are to be believed, they were in the thick of the anti-Marcos movement. And the 'napo' series came from the recorded words during Ninoy's assasination, a variation on "Eto 'na, eto 'na! Pusila! Pusila!" or something like that. I was too young to remember or care.
    "Heto nAPO Sila" - came from *Eto Na,- Pusila*... Yes, series of concerts of APO taking shots at the government after Ninoy Aquino's assassination Aug 21, 1983, leading to the 1986 EDSA Revolution....

Kept the ember of freedom glowing during those days....

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
from jim paredes re 'jim paredes gives up on RP'