New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Para sa akin, i-phase out ang jeepney, retrain them to be disciplined bus drivers, preferably like the double decked buses in Hong Kong para pwede na rin bawasan ang bus. I believe naman that if public transport is safe, clean and comfortable to ride in, mas mababawasan na rin ang mga magdadala ng sariling sasakyan, let's face it, who wants to drive if you can have someone who is a safe and disciplined driver drive for you? Yung iba namang disenfranchised drivers naman, dapat hanapan ng ibang hanapbuhay.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by falken
    Para sa akin, i-phase out ang jeepney, retrain them to be disciplined bus drivers, preferably like the double decked buses in Hong Kong para pwede na rin bawasan ang bus. I believe naman that if public transport is safe, clean and comfortable to ride in, mas mababawasan na rin ang mga magdadala ng sariling sasakyan, let's face it, who wants to drive if you can have someone who is a safe and disciplined driver drive for you? Yung iba namang disenfranchised drivers naman, dapat hanapan ng ibang hanapbuhay.
    Matagal na naiisip yan nang government pero walang gustong magtuloy.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    yep, dapat yung driver ang i-phase out, hehe

actually, in all seriousness, the jeepney is a very inefficient mode of mass transit. since they move in more random routes and don't have defined stops, they are more disruptive to traffic. since they only carry about 20 people at a time (?) there needs to be a whole lot of them. even if they were the most disciplined drivers there would still be chaos.

buses with strict bus stop areas are more efficient, and rail transit is even more efficient.

i'm not sure if this will ever happen though - nakasanayan na eh...plus the jeepney drivers are a well-organized political bloc

yes but provide alternative transpo for the commuting public and alternative jobs for the jeepney drivers. Opinion lang po

5. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    upgrade lang at educate yung mga drivers lalo na yung mga hindi nagiilaw kapag gabi mga biglang kabig or like others said phase out na dapat yung mga drivers..

6. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Jeepney is a Trade Mark na of Philippines. Gawang Pinoy ika nga. Phasing out may not solve the problem. Siguro minimizing the number would work somehow. And how 'bout a brand new Engine for all jeepneys? Not surplus from japan.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Jeepney Upgrade = Tamaraw FX ba?

I agree. Drivers and dapat i-phase out kung hindi disiplinado.

Mahirap i-upgrade mga drivers... hard to teach old dogs new tricks.
    Better train the next generation of Jeepney drivers.
    Ban beat up, old jeepneys.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    ok naman ang jeepneys.. trademark naten yan eh.. pero sana ay stops sila.. hinde pwede un tatabi na lang bigla diba..

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    hwag naman iphase-out ang mga jeeneys kawawa naman ang mga mawawalan ng trabaho. dapat gawin dun dapat disiplinahan mga drivers. mahirap na po ang pinas hwag na natin dagdagan ang atin problema sa mga transportation. peace tayo lahat

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
JEEPNEYS..DAPAT NA BANG i- PHASE OUT?