New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    phasing out the jeepney is a bad idea.

The thing is sana hindi na gamitin as tourist attraction or something like that.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    even construction of alternative roads wont do, parang parasites ang jeepney sa nambubuska sa bawat roads. buti na nga lang C5 at di gano pinayagan madami jeep.

imagine this gumagastos ang gobyerno ng bilyun-bilyon pagpapagawa ng mga flyovers for the simplest reason na para maiwasan ang babaan at sakayan ng mga jeepneys. even BF's master plan of U-turn slots, intended na iwasan ang mga intersections na pinamumugaran ng mga jeepneys.

pero itong mga hinayupak ng jeepneys na'to, after magawa mga flyovers lilipat ang loading/unloading zone sa foot of the flyovers tapos yun dati intersection ayaw nila gawin ginagawa nila dati. tignan nyo nangyari dyan sa may Rosario going to Meralco.

kaysa gumastos sa mga flyovers, tanggalin na lang jeepneys tapos ang bilyun pondo ng infrastructures ilagay sa mass transit. this cannot be done overnight I agree , but it needs to start now. for instance, tanggalin na ang jeepneys sa monumento-edsa and pasay-edsa.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    ^^^ exactly.

and PUV drivers need road education. seriously.

there was this PUV driver who had the gall to say na "bobo" ako. here's the situation. i'm first in line sa left turn lane ng quezon ave/agham and i'm supposed to be heading to the direction of the post office. nakasignal ako ng left turn, and i notice a jeep behind me. i pay no heed, since stop naman kami and opposite lane yung go. later, nung go na yung sa amin (but not the left turn yet), the jeep driver honks incessantly. i'm like, WTF?! nasa left turn lane kaya ako at ikaw na go-go eh pumila sa likod ko. he has the nerve to call me bobo pa when he pulls up next to me. takte niya, since my day's about to end naman na and his is about to pa lang, i delay him by not letting him move. buti nga sa kanya.

if i had a gun, i would've shot him right there.

just ranting out. hehehehe.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    We can still be proud of our Jeepneys but most of the ones driving them? I don't think so.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by KoKoNAT
    Don't generalise. Though Sarao got stuck in the last century and paid the price by not surviving, there are some forward-thinkers out there. If FMC had some bit of luck, who knows where it might lead to? Maybe FMC-badged cars?
    The jeepney is still built the same way by the local backyard industry (Palo-palo).Peace!

6. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    tama si pajerokid, safety should be the number 1 concern of the government if they don't have the political will to phase it out. wala man lang signal light, hindi gumagana yung break light, pati standard dashboard instruments wala. mas inuuna pa nila yung mga stereo, blinking or disco lights sa loob ng jeep kesa mga safety instruments. no seatbelt. the government really cannot just phase out the jeep since many people use this for transport, what I would suggest is for gov't to slowly but surely replace this with reliable transport system. take for instance yung mga streets na d pupwede ang MRT/LRT, gawin nilang bus route nalang kesa jip, mas madami maisasakay ng bus kesa jip, therefore, mas kokonti yung sasakyan sa kalsada. streets that are too narrow for buses naman, pwede yung mini air-con bus or coaster, like what they use in HK.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
Is Jeepney still something to be proud of?