New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002

(I) was stopped by a guard on a Segway in Ayala triangle and told to get off my bike. I asked why and pointed to the posted rules and said that biking is allowed, but any motorized vehicle (with the exception of electric wheelchairs) is strictly prohibited, so perhaps he should stop picking on bikers and get off his Segway instead. He tells me that the sign is incorrect and that he has verbal instructions that bikes are no longer allowed. I replied by saying that I also received verbal instructions that they are now allowed again.

Guard: "who gave you verbal instructions?"
    Me: "George"
    Guard: "I don't know him."
    Me: "who gave you yours?"
    Guard: "my commanding officer"
    Me: "I don't know him. Now can you see the problem of verbal instructions?"

I completely respect that Ayala Triangle is private property and they have every right to implement their own rules. My beef here is, they already have clearly written rules that their own guards refuse to respect, which leads to many unnecessary confrontations. It would be no different to a cop claiming that he had verbal instructions that a green light now means stop and red means go.
    source: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater

2. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    :hysterical:

Ano kaya facial expression ng guard nung narining 'to... Hahaha!

- - - Updated - - -

:hysterical:

Ano kaya facial expression ng guard nung narining 'to... Hahaha!

3. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Mga Sikyo kasi "Power Tripping" madalas.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    dapat yan maka-enkwentro ni amalayer gurl!
    Last edited by yebo; January 6th, 2013 at 05:55 PM.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Kahit sa mga kalsada. "Bawal Tumawid, Nakakamatay". Yung MMDA TE dadaan-daanan lang ng mga windshield washers na nangangatok sa bintana. Pero yung tumatawid huhuliin. Sabagay ang order "bawal tumawid".

One time pumasok sa SM appliance sa MOA na may kagat kagat na mais. Di ako pinapasok ng sikyo, bawal daw. Itinuro kung yung dalawang teenager na nasa loob may dala-dalang soda na naka plastic cups. Di naman pinalabas, tumalikod na lang yung sikyo. Kung tutuosin mas bawal yung liquid at baka matapunan ang mga paninda nilang appliances.

Sabagay nga naman baka ang sabi ng commanding officer nya, 'bawal ang pagkain'. Hayy, NO ID/NO ENTRY.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Most guards barely understand the rules they have to carry out. Mahirap makipagtalo sa tanga. I hope that property administrators brief their security guards better so they can react better to circumstances like this. After all, they're practically the first line of customer service that a person gets, so it'd be nice if they had more pleasing personalities and more informed judgement calls.

- - - Updated - - -

Most guards barely understand the rules they have to carry out. Mahirap makipagtalo sa tanga. I hope that property administrators brief their security guards better so they can react better to circumstances like this. After all, they're practically the first line of customer service that a person gets, so it'd be nice if they had more pleasing personalities and more informed judgement calls.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    The problem is, a lot of them become security guards precisely because they did not graduate from college (or HS?) and did not qualify for other jobs.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    The problem is, a lot of them become security guards precisely because they did not graduate from college (or HS?) and did not qualify for other jobs.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    In fairness with the guards at MOA and I have tested couple of times. They know exactly the locations of any shop and they can point shortest directions how to get there. They are better than the police in this sense.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    could it be that the guards of ayala and the guards of sy have different dna? napansin ko yan between trinoma and sm city, mas polite ang sm guards kesa sa trinoma guards. you know what i'm trying to say, right? the old langaw-na-nakapatong-sa-kalabaw syndrome. on one side there's the "ayala amo namin" ek-ek. while sy's guards (and i have dealt with them twice, car accident at sm both) tend to be more polite, supervisors included.

- - - Updated - - -

could it be that the guards of ayala and the guards of sy have different dna? napansin ko yan between trinoma and sm city, mas polite ang sm guards kesa sa trinoma guards. you know what i'm trying to say, right? the old langaw-na-nakapatong-sa-kalabaw syndrome. on one side there's the "ayala amo namin" ek-ek. while sy's guards (and i have dealt with them twice, car accident at sm both) tend to be more polite, supervisors included.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by yebo View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Most likely it's also the agency and training given?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by yebo View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Most likely it's also the agency and training given?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
JAMES DEAKIN: Signs vs guards with "verbal instructions"