New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by isa1023 View Post
    Yeah, even SM malls and most commercial establishments here don't charge parking fees.
    Same up north... Marquee, SM Pampanga, Robinsons Starmills.

I agree to paying for parking in urban areas where space is scarce but the service offered (security, cleanliness, etc.) should be par to what is paid for and the parking is not merely a depository and at your own risk.

If all parking is free, it will be open to abuse and it will give management an excuse to allow bad things and abuses to happen even all the more. Our office parking is free and i noticed some workers, who apparently don't have parking at home leave, their cars overnight, for several days straight and even on weekends. Some were even on leave and still parked their cars at the office; abuso masyado and it deprives those who go to work of parking (since limited slots).

2. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    parking is ok as long as hindi naka-metro. the megamall and shangrila parkings are great coz fixed na ito for the day. yun nga lang kawawa din yun tipong 30 min lang sa mall.

i for one don't agree with free parking kasi ibig sabihin nun hindi imaintain at papasok ang criminal elements

pero very unjust yun naka metro na P10 per exceeding hour

3. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by ekaj42 View Post
    sm munti libre parking; sm sta rosa ganun din. sa festival mall, naniningil na.
    dito sa southmall libre parking except for the basement area pero at least fixed parin sa ilalim at P20...

i felt bad lang sa Festivall Mall sana flat rate nalang parking nila or better yet libre nalang gaya ng dati... oh well ganun talaga. I love it here sa South...

4. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by cjv_justice View Post
    dito sa southmall libre parking except for the basement area pero at least fixed parin sa ilalim at P20...

i felt bad lang sa Festivall Mall sana flat rate nalang parking nila or better yet libre nalang gaya ng dati... oh well ganun talaga. I love it here sa South...
    Gumaya na din pala Festival mall sa Payparking...Sun and the beach, laking income din kasi yan...

5. Join Date
    Dec 2005

Yup, mukhang pare-pareho ang parking fee sa SouthMM,- either libre or P20- ATC, SouthMall, South Supermarket, Las Pinas Hypermart, STARMall. Or per hour katulad ng Festival Mall, WestGate....

Pag napunta ka sa MoA Parking Building,- P45 na ang bayad... Magkano ba sa MoA grounds?

Hindi rin namang kahirapan maghanap ng parking slot....

11.5K:cheers2:

6. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Personally... it should be up to the building owner. If they don't think about it... it's their business... their loss.

I love living in the south... lots and lots and lots of free parking.
    The extreme north does offer free parking spaces. hehe. But where I work, the parking fee is a pain in the arse. I think there are less than 100 parking spaces in this 26-storey building.

Damn you capitalist pig! LOL

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    I've never actually had to pay more than P20 at Festival.

And take note... this is only for prime parking spots. The parking lots by the supermarkets (SM Supermarket and Shopwise), the covered parking area and the parking lots in front of the theaters.

I gladly pay the P20 for theater parking because if you get lucky, you can get a spot right beside Seattles. Very convenient. But Festival still has free parking. The outer parking lots are still free. If you can put up with a short walk (about 100 meters or less) to the entrance, you don't have to pay for parking.

-

Most of the time, though, we shop at South Supermarket. Absolutely free parking, no matter how long you stay, with a bunch of restos on the ground floor and right beside it. And it's open from 8:30 am, to boot. ;)

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

8. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by A121 View Post
    The extreme north does offer free parking spaces. hehe. But where I work, the parking fee is a pain in the arse. I think there are less than 100 parking spaces in this 26-storey building.

Damn you capitalist pig! LOL

Well, that is a great opportunity for a share-a-ride.... :naughty2:

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post

Well, that is a great opportunity for a share-a-ride.... :naughty2:

I've seen some couples "share" a ride in our office parking. They love working late it seems. I just can't understand why they choose to park at the end of the office parking lot even if there are slots near the stairs/passageways.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by A121 View Post
    The extreme north does offer free parking spaces. hehe.
    uy sobra ka naman hindi naman ganun kalayo SM city's amd other malls in bulacan have free parking, as well as pampanga also. so, why charge parking in metro manila? is it like they don't want us to use our cars, or is it because they know we don't have a choice?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
JAMES DEAKIN: Parking Pains