New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Here's the back story. https://www.facebook.com/james.deaki...type=1&theater
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1436579809303.jpg  

2. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    I wonder what was the man's motive? He didn't want money or a ride naman Maybe he has munchausen's syndrome where the person craves for the attention given to sick persons so he makes himself sick.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    OT really is there a disease like that? a graver version of malingering.
    BTT just as we pat ourselves in the back for doing what a good Samaritan does we're in a receiving end of a scam. that's why I hated estafadors and thieves more than... hmmm...bank robbers? not really. ☺

4. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Hahaha. Same guy approached me early this year in greenbelt with the same head wound and story. Asking how to get to libis on foot. Gave him 100 bucks. Last month he enters my wife's office in libis with the same story but this time he wanted to go to pasay. My wife taught him how to ride the MRT and gave him money too. He wanted to get to FB Harrisson. He stayed a long time as my wife had to draw a map. Same guy. Just showed this post to her now and we are laughing.

I actually think he isnt a scammer. I think he has a hidden camera and is making a documentary hehe.

Or he has loose screws.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    As always, kudos to Deakin. I prefer to follow his stories than the crass online bullying that TGPh often resorts to.

Am really curious though what that foreigner's trying to do...

6. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Juan Martinez View Post
    OT really is there a disease like that? a graver version of malingering.
    BTT just as we pat ourselves in the back for doing what a good Samaritan does we're in a receiving end of a scam. that's why I hated estafadors and thieves more than... hmmm...bank robbers? not really. ☺
    Yes there is such a disease. Even scarier is munchausen by proxy.

Quote Originally Posted by EQAddict View Post
    I actually think he isnt a scammer. I think he has a hidden camera and is making a documentary hehe.

Or he has loose screws.
    I agree. It doesn't seem like he's after money.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2014
    We encountered the same guy a year ago. He wasn't wounded, but he was a bit dirty and his shoes were tattered. He also wanted to walk to Libis from Pasay.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Read about a similar person wandering in an airport in Europe. Also asking for money, but not wounded or anything...